Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

So Cals Top 10 Teams in the fall

by NumeroUno » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:45 pm

We talked to numerous people this week asking them who were the best teams in the fall and this is what we came up with . They are in alphabetical order so don't get all wound up. We threw in three deserving teams into the 18 Gold bracket, two from AZ and one from Nor Cal. If we missed your team and you think they are deserving let us know. We are looking for input from anyone who would like to help anywhere throughout our great country.

10U
Batbusters
Cerritos Franchise
Corona Angels
Corona Heaters
Team Smith Blue
Valley Tribe

12U
American Athletics'95
Anderson Heat'95
Bomb Squad'95
Corona Angels 95
Minors Gold'95
Mizuno Pride'95
Nemesis Elite'95
OC Impact'95
SD Renegades'95
TNL'95

14U
Batbusters 94
Corona Angels 94
Courage
Hurricanes
Irvine Sting
Lakewood Ladies 93
Lakewood Ladies 94
SD Renegades
Victory USA 94
Victory 93

16U
American Pastime
American Athletics
Batbusters (Myers)
Firecrackers
SD Legacy
Bomb Squad
Corona Angels
SD Renegedes
Strike Force 16U

18U
no responses

18 Gold
Corona Angels (Marty)
Batbusters
Desert thunder (AZ)
Explosion
Firecrackers (Rico)
Firecrackers (Ristow)
Hot Shot (AZ)
So Cal Athletics
So Cal Choppers
So Cal Cruisers
Sorcerers
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by addiction » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:17 pm

I would have to say that in the 10u division, you should eliminate the Corona Heaters, I had to watch the 10u division during the AA toys for tots tournament (neighbors had a Christmas event to attend so I was volunteered to play limo service for their kid who played in the 10u tournament) I dont think the Heaters won a game. I have never seen Valley Tribe play
addiction

by heybucket » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:50 pm

What about Lakewood ladies red 94. We know the 93's is white the 94's that took 2nd at national's is black. Has anybody seen the Lakewood ladies red play. Let us know. 8-)
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them
heybucket

by SoCalFiend » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:15 pm

You can definitely take off Heaters and Valley Tribe (although Tribe has a great pitcher), no disrespect to either team,
leaving us with the top 4: Franchise, Angels, Team Smith Blue, and Batbusters. Batbusters may be a step
down on a consistency basis from the other three, similar to the CA Rebels last year. Team Smith Blue
is well coached and talented (great pitching and catcher) and gives the top two in my opinion, Corona Angels and Cerritos Franchise, a run for their money. The Angels are mature with an excellent pitcher who can also hit along with an intimidating, hard hitting, 1b/C. Overall, a balanced offense. Franchise can hit, 1-9 and they are fast! Run manufacturers...
Solid on defense with solid pitching staff and great catchers. Who knows? The 10U division is a very exciting one to keep your eye on...
SoCalFiend
Premium Member
Premium Member

by addiction » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:38 pm

SoCalFiend wrote:You can definitely take off Heaters and Valley Tribe (although Tribe has a great pitcher), no disrespect to either team,
leaving us with the top 4: Franchise, Angels, Team Smith Blue, and Batbusters. Batbusters may be a step
down on a consistency basis from the other three, similar to the CA Rebels last year. Team Smith Blue
is well coached and talented (great pitching and catcher) and gives the top two in my opinion, Corona Angels and Cerritos Franchise, a run for their money. The Angels are mature with an excellent pitcher who can also hit along with an intimidating, hard hitting, 1b/C. Overall, a balanced offense. Franchise can hit, 1-9 and they are fast! Run manufacturers...
Solid on defense with solid pitching staff and great catchers. Who knows? The 10U division is a very exciting one to keep your eye on...

I have to agree with the the Angels being on top, id say they are the best team going into 2008 in the 10u division after watching them beat the OC Crush "96" in the toys for tots championship game. I also have to agree that the Angels have an excellent pitcher who pitched and kept the Crush off balanced the entire game. She was very commanding, had good speed with a lot of ball movement which is very rare in 10u. I know she wears number 7 but I dont know her name, but I will snoop and find out. She will be one to watch in the future. The Angels look like a very solid squad top to bottom, good defense, get the bat on the ball, run the bases and get it done.

Cerritos Franchise didnt fare to well at toys for tots. They definately get the bat on the ball, have some speedy running, good defense for being a smaller team, they do lack in the pitching department, their pitching is mediocre at best, if they only had a strong number 1 pitcher.........

Team Smith didnt impress me, they got blown out early by a rec team from Poway, they have a few strong players and thats about it, nothing that stands out.

Batbusters was a big disappointment, they dont have anything strong going on, very weak pitching, a couple of strong players but thats about it.

Valley Tribe was not at toys for tots so I dont know

Heaters, FORGETABOUTIT
addiction

by socalsoftball » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:01 am

Everyone on this topic keeps referencing the toys for tots tournament, which is kind of a waste of time because two of the teams that made the semi finals ( Poway, OC Crush) were filled with girls that were born in 96. So if you exclude those two teams from the conversation, the top four teams at Toys for Tots would have been:

1. Corona Angels
2. Cerritos Franchise or Team Smith Blue
4. OC Batbusters

And as far as pitching goes for the Angels, #7 isn't even their best pitcher. Their best pitcher is #00, who pitched in the semi-finals game against the Cerritos Franchise.

As far as the Franchise go, they had their third string pitcher pitch in the semi-final game against the Angels.

Team smith blue definetly has a potent battery, but has yet to prove that their bats can get the to the final game.

The Batbusters is the team that needs the most work. They are really only one pitcher deep which won't cut it in tournaments.

All four teams are coached well and will be much improved in time for nationals, that is a guarantee.
socalsoftball

by SoCalFiend » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:33 am

Addiction -

#7 is their second pitcher, Franchise beat her up pretty bad at the plate last time I seen them play. #00 is THE #1... Find out her name... we'll be talking about her 8 years from now for sure.. The real championship game of the Toys4Tots was probably the semis, Angels vs. Franchise. Angels won 6-4, #00 pitched. But I suspect these two teams will go back and forth all year...The all-star teams (OC Krush, Poway) at Toys4Tots were old girls as "socalsoftball" said earlier...
SoCalFiend
Premium Member
Premium Member

by addiction » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:39 am

SoCalFiend wrote:Addiction -

#7 is their second pitcher, Franchise beat her up pretty bad at the plate last time I seen them play. #00 is THE #1... Find out her name... we'll be talking about her 8 years from now for sure.. The real championship game of the Toys4Tots was probably the semis, Angels vs. Franchise. Angels won 6-4, #00 pitched. But I suspect these two teams will go back and forth all year...The all-star teams (OC Krush, Poway) at Toys4Tots were old girls as "socalsoftball" said earlier...

I cant imagine that a team wouldnt use their number one in a championship game, doesnt make sense, especially against the older girls. I watched the Angels and Franchise game, the pitching was ok from the Angels pitcher number 00, she had speed but no ball movement, I believe she hit two kids in that game, Franchise got some good solid hits off her as well. I still say that number 7 was the better pitcher that day and will be in the future as she matures. Just my observation from the day. I will try and find out names and more info if possible
addiction

by addiction » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:08 am

also, the Angels have a blonde pitcher who pitched against Bomb Squad on elimination day, the Angels beat them up 10-0. Seems like the Angels have their pitching covered compared to the other teams
addiction

by socalsoftball » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:11 pm

Yeah, I don't know why the franchise had their 3rd string pitcher pitch in the semi finals. Maybe they dont want to let the Angels face their number one pitcher until they are in a qualifying tournament. My guess is they will pitch their ace aainst them in a TCS tournament and state championship tournament.
socalsoftball

Next

Return to CA