Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

So Cals Top 10 Teams in the fall

by addiction » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:34 pm

softballdad2 wrote:Bunch of sissy la la's at Hey Bucket, you have a web site for people to go on and open their big mouth's about other teams, and then pull stuff of this reply board when someone's feeling's get hurt. What's up with that????? Have some ball's

I agree 8-)

I defended myself and somebody went and cried all morning to get "the heat" removed :roll: :lol:
addiction

by Blind Squirrel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:44 am

"I defended myself and somebody went and cried all morning to get "the heat" removed "

I'm so sick of this kind of crap. If you feel the need to whine to a chatroom moderator because you can't handle the way someone responds to your posts, then you clearly shouldn't be in the chatroom. You should be playing friggin bingo at church with a bunch of addled old folks who wouldn't think of uttering a cross word.

Time for a new thread to air this one out.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoCalFiend » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:45 am

Uhhhh... did I miss something? BTW, what's a "LaLa"? (no, seriously)
SoCalFiend
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Gone in 2.6 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:58 pm

sb junkie wrote:In the 18 gold div.,take a look at the teams playing at the Surf City Showcase in january.IMO the top teams are all playing at the H.B. complex.If your not on that select list,your just kidding yourself and your team. :twisted:

The teams at the H.B. complex often have coaches that have been around and are established. They are often but not NECESSARILY "top teams". There are teams like Shilos and Riverside Rookies at H.B. Complex that aren't fixtures at Gold Nationals.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by sb junkie » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:13 pm

With those exceptions,the top top teams play at the main complex,for the most part.
sb junkie

by Sam » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:18 pm

sb junkie wrote:With those exceptions,the top top teams play at the main complex,for the most part.

The Riverside Rookies won 3 of their 5 games with their #2 pitcher injured. They have also been around forever and play at the HB complex with quite frequent regularity. The tournament directors know that the Rookies will be around year after year. :D
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Gone in 2.6 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:23 pm

sb junkie wrote:With those exceptions,the top top teams play at the main complex,for the most part.

You're right. It's the rule more than the exception.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by Sam » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:06 pm

addiction wrote:now dont shoot the messenger, this is all 2nd and 3rd hand info that I got

the Angels do not have a so called "number 1" pitcher, the manager does not identify any of his pitchers like that. #00 is a long time Baca pitching student, has travel ball experience prior to this season, plays short stop when not pitching, has a great glove and arm, probably wont be pitching as she gets older due to her size (on the small side), will probably end up being a great fielder in the future. Heard #00 got beat up at the plate against a rec ball team from Irvine, walked in a few runs along with pitching a few balls into the dirt past the catcher allowing the runner on 3rd each time to score, Angels lost that game, dont know by how many runs. #7 is a Finch student fresh out of rec ball, plays 3rd base and 1st base when not pitching, has a great glove and arm, started off strong but got into a pitching slump for a few weeks due to being hit on her pitching arm resulting in injury from a pitch by none other than #00 during a practice.

all this fuss about the 10u division :lol:

Thats funny. I clocked #7 last year with my Jugs gun. She threw 44mph. Not bad for a nine year old, but certainly not great.

The top teams in 10U will change many times during the year as the top teams play each other, parents get fed up with overbearing coaches, and kids move from team to team. Nothing is set in concrete until the Championship Rosters are signed and redlined. When I was coaching 10U in 2001, our team was certainly not considered by many to be a top 10 in SoCal team....we ended up 5th at ASA Nationals.

So if you aren't believed by many to be a top team in January, feel free to fly under the radar...you just have to peak at the right time.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crazycoach23 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:00 pm

Keep an eye on the American Athletics 10U Team. Just shut out both Valley Tribe and Ctpress Thunder last weekend!! GO AA's!!
crazycoach23

by 36sdad » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:27 am

:?: I'm just wondering why "The Next Level" 14-U 94 team is not on that list? What tournaments were these people ""polled" at? Just for the record the "TNL" 94 team tied and beat the Lakewood Ladies 94 team in their own tournament and took a second place to the 93 team in the championship game of that same tournament. Based on that alone this team should be on that list. Who are the Hurricanes? I haven't seen them at one tournament this past fall. Just curious.
36sdad

PreviousNext

Return to CA