Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

So Cals Top 10 Teams in the fall

by ocpops » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:05 pm

36sdad,

Is that the same TNL 94 team that lost to Cal Legacy 9-0 at the purestats touney a week ago? :?:
ocpops

by ocpops » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:07 pm

And Hurricanes won 14u TCS last year : : :mrgreen:
ocpops

by 36sdad » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:50 pm

OCpop, Yep that is the same team. However the fact still remains that we haven't seen "the hurricanes" at any tournaments or friendlies. As for last year, check "TNL"'s record at ASA state and Nationals.
36sdad

by DRAINBAMAGED » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:28 pm

TCS berths are 10 for a buck at your local market! :roll:
DRAINBAMAGED

by DOUBLE_L » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:19 pm

36sdad wrote::?: I'm just wondering why "The Next Level" 14-U 94 team is not on that list? What tournaments were these people ""polled" at? Just for the record the "TNL" 94 team tied and beat the Lakewood Ladies 94 team in their own tournament and took a second place to the 93 team in the championship game of that same tournament. Based on that alone this team should be on that list. Who are the Hurricanes? I haven't seen them at one tournament this past fall. Just curious.

Just to clear things up. Lakewood has 3 14u teams ( White 93)( Black 94 ) ( Red 93 & 94 ) Lakewood 93's (white) played in the 16u division in the tournament which they met TNL 16u in the championship. Early in the tournament TNL faced Lakewood Red (new Lakewood team comprised mostly of 94 players with a few 93's). In the ship TNL faced Lakewood Black which is the 94 team.
Don't you know bout the bird...Everybody knows the bird is the word.
DOUBLE_L
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:45 am

DOUBLE_L wrote:
36sdad wrote::?: I'm just wondering why "The Next Level" 14-U 94 team is not on that list? What tournaments were these people ""polled" at? Just for the record the "TNL" 94 team tied and beat the Lakewood Ladies 94 team in their own tournament and took a second place to the 93 team in the championship game of that same tournament. Based on that alone this team should be on that list. Who are the Hurricanes? I haven't seen them at one tournament this past fall. Just curious.

Just to clear things up. Lakewood has 3 14u teams ( White 93)( Black 94 ) ( Red 93 & 94 ) Lakewood 93's (white) played in the 16u division in the tournament which they met TNL 16u in the championship. Early in the tournament TNL faced Lakewood Red (new Lakewood team comprised mostly of 94 players with a few 93's). In the ship TNL faced Lakewood Black which is the 94 team.

I thought TNL stood for The Next Lakewood...
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Rondog » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Better include OC Curse 16U in that list. They won the ASA Turkey tournament, beating SD Legacy in the Semi's (which was the tough game in the elimination bracket), and beating Strike Force 16U in the final. Also beat American Athletics and Corona Angels in their last friendly. Also Won the TCS Desert Challenge easily defeating Scottsdale Fever in the final.
Rondog

by rocketfire » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:45 am

With all the shake up's out there in the 10U teams, I think there could be some sleeper teams out there that could be a big surprise in the next couple of months.
rocketfire

by addiction » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:13 am

rocketfire wrote:With all the shake up's out there in the 10U teams, I think there could be some sleeper teams out there that could be a big surprise in the next couple of months.

:o :?:
addiction

by Sam » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:20 pm

rocketfire wrote:With all the shake up's out there in the 10U teams, I think there could be some sleeper teams out there that could be a big surprise in the next couple of months.

Quite a few kids changing teams...normal. What's funny to me is the teams that carry 15+ kids on a 10U team....what are the parents thinking? These kids need to play...in games....practices mean just a little more than squat. You don't qualify for nationals by running wonderful practices...you win games with your nucleus of players...if your kid isn't one of the nucleus of players, you need to find a team that your kid will actually play games with. If you are putting your kid on a team that might win Nationals, but your kid plays less than 2/3 of the available innings, you are doing it for YOUR ego and you are not helping your child.

This is the time of the year when some of these 10U parents need to examine what they have done to their kid in fall/winter season.

Any team carrying more than 12 kids on their team is doing so ONLY to keep good players away from other teams.

I await, with baited breath, to hear from a parent choosing to keep their kid on one of these 10U "Gold" teams with huge rosters....
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA