Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

So Cals Top 10 Teams in the fall

by artomatic » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:30 pm

Sam wrote:
rocketfire wrote:I await, with baited breath, to hear from a parent choosing to keep their kid on one of these 10U "Gold" teams with huge rosters....

does "baited breath" smell like anchovies? :mrgreen:
good point about the roster size sam, and that probably goes for 12's also...
we are 12's, we have 11, and could add a 12th, if it's the right kid w/the right family.
but not just to add...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hotwheels » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:33 pm

I couldn't agree more Sam.... I always laugh when we play teams with 15 or 16 girls on the team. These teams are outstanding no doubt but I feel they are doing these players harm as far as their development goes. I understand players get better with better training and playing and working out with better players and coaches BUT they will only realize their full potential with GAME ACTION.....There is no substitute for game action. :)
hotwheels

by addiction » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Sam wrote:
rocketfire wrote:With all the shake up's out there in the 10U teams, I think there could be some sleeper teams out there that could be a big surprise in the next couple of months.

Quite a few kids changing teams...normal. What's funny to me is the teams that carry 15+ kids on a 10U team....what are the parents thinking? These kids need to play...in games....practices mean just a little more than squat. You don't qualify for nationals by running wonderful practices...you win games with your nucleus of players...if your kid isn't one of the nucleus of players, you need to find a team that your kid will actually play games with. If you are putting your kid on a team that might win Nationals, but your kid plays less than 2/3 of the available innings, you are doing it for YOUR ego and you are not helping your child.

This is the time of the year when some of these 10U parents need to examine what they have done to their kid in fall/winter season.

Any team carrying more than 12 kids on their team is doing so ONLY to keep good players away from other teams.

I await, with baited breath, to hear from a parent choosing to keep their kid on one of these 10U "Gold" teams with huge rosters....

I agree, and I agree with artomatic. I also think it is ridiculous when I see a 14u team carrying 15+ girls
addiction

by Nzane » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:17 pm

artomatic wrote:
Sam wrote:
rocketfire wrote:I await, with baited breath, to hear from a parent choosing to keep their kid on one of these 10U "Gold" teams with huge rosters....

does "baited breath" smell like anchovies? :mrgreen:
good point about the roster size sam, and that probably goes for 12's also...
we are 12's, we have 11, and could add a 12th, if it's the right kid w/the right family.
but not just to add...

We are in the same situation, and I feel the exact same way as Art.........
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Luv_SC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Good point I love those teams with 13-15 in 10u or even 12u and in some cases it is great to learn from practice but honestly wouldn't you rather watch your child play in a game. Why does a team need 4 or 5 extra girls. Parents it is great being on a good team but if your daughter doesnt play the righ thing to do would be find a team where she will get more playing time in games. It is the experience of the game that is important. Isnt that fine that your team wins most of the games and is a great team while your daughter plays or runs for a few plays, how is that helping her? Also the managers of these teams free up good players so they can go to teams that help them get the experience they need and make those teams better as well.
Luv_SC

by softballoc » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:05 pm

So Cal Crunch 18 Gold (Braden) well coached, very strong hitting team.
softballoc

by until the last out » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:38 pm

Oh definitely. That is a really strong hitting team. They sure don't get cheated at the plate!
until the last out

Previous

Return to CA