Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Big League Dreams Fields,, raising prices

by sdiamond » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:08 am

I know I will most likely get a bunch of flack for this post however I think its a good point to raise.
Here in Southern California fields are limited due to the amount of recreational teams and Travel Ball Teams. However BLD has Chino Hills, West Covina Jurupa Hills and Cathedral City and the uses are from Little League,Rec Softball, Travel Ball and Adult Softball as all of you well know.

They charge an entry fee to get in which used to be $5 and is now $6 and I read on an AFA Flyer the cost is going up to $8 for anyone older than 12 to get in. Can anyone confirm this?

The NO food or drink policy is also an issue. Games sometimes are in Temps high eighties to mid 90"s they provide tap water for the girls and we can carry in bottle water (no IceChest) or food. we are there for 3 games at times and during tournaments up to 4 days.. It gets WAY to expensive for so many. I dont need to go on as all of you know the costs and the rules.

I would like to see many of their restrictions lifted if they are going to keep raising field rentals and entry fee's. I know teams will not stop going to play there but families may not be able to attend their childs games at BLD due to the costs.

THOUGHTS/Comments
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by WarriorsSoftball » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:21 pm

BLD sucks. Riverside is the worst. Fields are in disrepair, place is trashed, and you get charged to come in.

You would think with the price/hype they would keep up on their fields and customer service skills, unfortunately not.

Personally, I just don't schedule games at the poor facilities like that, it's just not fair to the players and their families, especially when their are plenty of better alternatives that don't charge or search your players prior to entry.

Try Rosetta Canyon service is great, fields are always amazing, and they don't charge or search bags.
WarriorsSoftball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by cwcivicgrl » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:58 pm

I have to agree $6.00 is steep, a $1 to $2 is reasonable or not at all. Parents already pay large fees towards tourney fees already I don't see why were paying entry fees especially if the fields and dugouts are not being well maintained.
It is nice to have beer however I would much rather save that money and play at Rosetta Canyon Sports Park where its well taken care of, my child can bring her small cooler with snacks and Gatorade, I can bring the same for my family watching and save money snack bars charge more than grocery stores and gas stations to buy it at the field, and I don't have to pay to get in.
Lack of fields however so the tourney organizations will never get rid of Big League Dreams as some of the fields we might end up assigned to unfortunately.
cwcivicgrl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA