Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Top 12U teams in So Cal this fall!

by sftblldad25 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:11 am

As the fall season wraps up, the 12U division is heating up! Lots of good teams and plenty of teams looking to improve. '06 holdovers will move up in the spring and that may require some teams to reload for the year. All this is Captain obvious stuff, so let's get to it. These are open to discussion and this post is designed to bring out some passionate responses!

1. Corona Angels Perez/Knighten 07 - Clearly the most stacked team out there has been rolling over opponents. Lately has shown some kinks in the armor, maybe due to fatigue of their core players? If they stay healthy, they could go deep in summer tourneys. PGF Shootout winners, co-champs of TCS Monster Mash. Stellar defense, good bats, and top pitchers.
2. OC Batbusters Lastrapes/Sasaki 07 - Kept most of the OC Tigers team that placed 3rd at PGF Plat. Added a few key pieces for the new season. Finalist at TCS Monster Mash. Winner of silver bracket TCS Pre-Thanksgiving Cup. Well rounded team.
3. USA Athletics Rogers/Mathis 12U - New team has shown great promise with 3rd place at PGF Shootout, 3rd at TCS Monster Mash, and finalist at TCS Pre-Thanksgiving Cup. Has beaten most of the top teams at least once. Solid, deep pitching and some monster bats, well coached. Watch out for this sleeper.
4. Explosion Flores/Wren - Winner of the TCS Pre-Thanksgiving Cup, this team lost some pieces for the fall, but filled right in. Scrappy team, well coached, has a core that has been together for three years. Can get hot and beat any team in the top 10.
5. Choppers Gurule 07 - Recently beat some of the top teams in So Cal friendlies. Will compete in the summer tournaments
6. Athletics Mercado Valencia 07 - 2nd place at PGF Shootout with strong pitching. Has been playing up in 14U quite a bit this fall, which should only make them stronger. Should have a strong spring and go deep in the summer.
7. OC Batbuster Areliz - New pitching has made this team a strong contender
8. Ohana Tigers Indian - Gives top teams fits
9. OC Batbusters Garcia 2025 - New team hasn't lived up to it's potential yet, but poised for a strong spring.
10> So Cal A's Medina/Kingery 07 - New team is showing promise.

I may have missed some honorable mentions (Locomotion Greene 07, Team Freeman, Corona Angels Vasquez, Power Surge Chavez, Firecrackers Sabo and some strong 1st year teams like Choppers Franco, and Angels McCullough, So Cal As Fitzgerald) Please weigh in with your comments!

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck in your Christmas Tournaments. See everyone in 2020!

A quick shout out to BB12 in the NorCal forum for keeping it real and entertaining! And to you old school Bucketeers, you know who you are!
sftblldad25
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Zoran » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:20 am

Right off the bat.
If you're trying to draw a list of top teams reflecting on anything pgf Platinum is not a worthy comparison.

Why post that #3 sleeper team ahead of the team #4 who had better wins?

Haven't seen all those teams play yet. But from your response about the team's it seems your list is out of order.

Really early to pic 1,2,3,-
Changes happening as we read this.
Zoran

by sftblldad25 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:17 pm

Thank you Zoran for your comments. I'd like a little more explanation to your thoughts. Perhaps you can offer up your list with quick explanations. As you pointed out in one of your other posts, there is no right or wrong, just trying to get a discussion going. This is 12U after all and no one is getting recruited here. Anybody else have observations about the Fall 2019 season? Come Spring/Summer 2020 and we have a new ballgame going into PGF.
sftblldad25
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DirtyRiders » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:31 pm

In all fairness I haven’t seen all the teams play, but I would have Mercado Valencia higher on this list. They have a strong core that is still together since finishing 3rd at PGF in 10u and recently finished 3rd at Monster Mash in the 14u division beating several good 05 teams.
DirtyRiders
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Zoran » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:32 pm

Sftblldad. I should have added
thanks for starting a new thread on 12u teams. Reading the team footnotes you described confused at how you placed the teams on the list. The team notes look like could be arranged differently. I havent seen all those yet to offer team feedback.
Is your list in order of strength or just a list?
Keep it going!
Zoran

by Jordyn1022 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:34 am

Compa J,

These ranking are way off man! :D
Jordyn1022
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sftblldad25 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Zoran, Jordyn please offer commentary or your own lists. Dirty Ryder, thanks. I know AM Valencia has been playing up quite a bit. My opinion is based on 12U tournament results primarily. Let’s see what happens in Vegas. Impact Gold National Smith may show up and put everyone in place!
sftblldad25
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Zoran » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:51 pm

Zoran wrote:Sftblldad. I should have added
thanks for starting a new thread on 12u teams. Reading the team footnotes you described confused at how you placed the teams on the list. The team notes look like could be arranged differently. I havent seen all those yet to offer team feedback.
Is your list in order of strength or just a list?
Keep it going!

sftblldad25 wrote:Zoran, Jordyn please offer commentary or your own lists. Dirty Ryder, thanks. I know AM Valencia has been playing up quite a bit. My opinion is based on 12U tournament results primarily. Let’s see what happens in Vegas. Impact Gold National Smith may show up and put everyone in place!

Huh guess my response not clear enough. Think i'll back out of the 12u teams discussion.
Have a good season!
Zoran

by centurian » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Jordyn1022 wrote:Compa J,

These ranking are way off man! :D

Atleast someones paying attention :shock:
centurian

by centurian » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:25 am

sftblldad25 wrote:As the fall season wraps up, the 12U division is heating up! Lots of good teams and plenty of teams looking to improve. '06 holdovers will move up in the spring and that may require some teams to reload for the year. All this is Captain obvious stuff, so let's get to it. These are open to discussion and this post is designed to bring out some passionate responses!

These are open to discussion and this post is designed to bring out some passionate responses.

WTF
people brought responses
people brought questions
people brought discussion about your post.

Shot your own post in the leg.

Damn get a kick out of heybucket

centurian

Next

Return to CA