Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Youth Sports in CA target date 7-17 Phase 4

by sdiamond » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Today I contacted my Congressman's Office, of course he was not in however an aide told me Youth Sports in CA under Governor Newsomes re-opening plan is in Phase 4 which has a target date of July 17th. This is if CA doesn't have a spike in cases which early signs show the curve has not begun to drop as more people are being tested. He also told me CA feels the positive cases are much higher than what is being reported because many people are not testing. In San Bernardino County there are 2.2 million people living here. Only 79,000 people have been tested and just around 9% are showing up positive.

Additionally the State is waiting for the 2 week period after Memorial Day as well as when the protests began to see if there is a large enough spike in cases to warrant a continuation of closures.

The TCS Sparkler was changed from Colorado June 24th -July 1st to July 1st-5th here in CA. The PGF Nationals are July 9th doesnt appear these events are going to be able to start on those dates.

This is utterly insane by the State to keep the youth from playing sports especially Baseball/Softball where social distancing is easy to do. Sports are very important to our children and to keep them out of their lives for 3 months going on 4 when Stores, Dentists Malls are open is just plain WRONG. We need to send a message to the Governor our Senators and Congressman to stop thinking of themselves and start thinking of our youth!

Additionally some some words of advice. DO NOT PRACTICE on any fields in Fontana. The City Council has told the Parks and Recreation Dept to not ever allow any team caught on the fields to be able to get a permit to play again in Fontana.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Backnine » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:25 am

I hope you are wrong but I am afraid you might be right. LA county parks were open to a first come first serve basis last weekend with the wink and nod that permits would be issued for this weekend (6/20) but apparently that is falling apart, now. Government lawyers are going to screw this up. Orange County fields are going to open for practice but no games. PGF is now questionable. Protesting may cause a spike and then they might close down again. This stinks.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:18 am

I heard some of the BLD"s are going to open for play on June 28th because many teams are just hopping on fields throughout So Cal and playing. I dont know what kind of penalties could happen to BLD and if they County or City will take their operating permits away. Again here in Fontana where I live this City along with a few around us will not allow field rentals to a team who is caught playing on fields "EVER" so its not a good idea to risk and getting the hand that feeds you upset.We have 2 weeks until the California Regional Sparkler is supposed to begin and 3 Weeks for a PGF event to start. Players will not be in very good playing shape and additionally D1-D2 schools wont be allowed to watch games and this is the whole purpose of these events to showcase these young ladies.

So very frustrated, upset with how are youth have been treated during this pandemic. If Stores, malls Dentist Barbers Parks can open why not Baseball/Softball where social distancing is easy?
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:05 pm

Spazsdad wrote:If that is Gov. Gruesome’s order than how is 1st to 3rd holding events every weekend in Modesto

Hey Spaz, I am not sure if this is it, but I know counties in CA are moving forward and reopening at different paces. Maybe the county up there has been approved for items that other counties have not.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by nannanissa » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:38 pm

Youth Sports Practices Postponed in Orange County Due to New State Guidance

At this time, youth sports activities including practices will be postponed until further direction is provided from the State. Currently, there is no scheduled time by which the state will re-open youth sports. The County of Orange allowed youth sports practice, team drills and training to re-open on June 15, 2020.

###
Santa Ana, Calif. (July 8, 2020) – The State of California has recently amended its guidance regarding youth sports practices, team drills and training and will no longer allow them to occur throughout the state.

The State’s Day Camps and Fitness Facility guidelines were used by counties across the state to allow for youth sports practices, team drills and training.

For more information about the County of Orange’s response to COVID-19, please visit http://www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus.
nannanissa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to CA