Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Teams testing positive for COVID-19

by DirtyRiders » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:08 pm

I don’t think this is a Democrat Hoax and you make some good points, but you say that some coaches disrespect the “Science”. What is the science you speak of? How about the math? 331,000,000 people in US and only 3,100,000 have been infected. That means 99% of the population is COVID free so maybe judging and projecting negativity on those who decide to take the field
DirtyRiders
Premium Member
Premium Member

by henryliam » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:19 pm

DirtyRiders wrote:I don’t think this is a Democrat Hoax and you make some good points, but you say that some coaches disrespect the “Science”. What is the science you speak of? How about the math? 331,000,000 people in US and only 3,100,000 have been infected. That means 99% of the population is COVID free so maybe judging and projecting negativity on those who decide to take the field

Agree, we can't wait forever for a miracle that might never come. We have to start living our lives with the proper measures recommended by doctors but we have to move on. We can't stand isolated and hope that our economy will sort out all by itself through some political arrangements.
henryliam

by PairOfAces » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:09 pm

My DD's Tennessee HS season ended in early March. She began practicing with her travel team in May, and began playing a friendly and then tournaments in early June. 2 "showcases" in Atlanta, 2 tournaments in Chattanooga, and one local to the Nashville area. Social distancing was hit or miss but probably more than 50% of the parents seemed to be trying, including DW and I.

Girls didn't really social distance in the dugout, and about the only thing that changed with the game was the post game meeting. No handshaking but plenty of teams gathered around the circle, not too close, for a post game prayer, which is very big here in the south.

As for COVID, based on what I heard from numerous travel ball websites/FB pages, one team from North Carolina withdrew from a showcase because of possible exposure. On our team, two players were told they were around a boy who MAY have been exposed, so they self-quarantined, and missed the first three games of a tournament. After the 10 day waiting period with no symptoms, they and the head coach, one of the girl's dads, rejoined the team. I have heard nothing about any softball players, teams, parents, etc actually catching COVID, which I'm sure would have spread through the south. Nor have I heard of any positive tests, real or false, from anyone in the softball community.

Bottom line, I think softball and baseball could have been played all summer long, in any state. I also believe that in-person recruiting could and should have been allowed. If universities can't trust their coaches to protect themselves against catching a flu/cold, should they pay them big salaries and entrust them with student athletes?

Also, went to our HS's first football game of the season on Friday. Teachers made sure the student section kept their masks on, although they didn't social distance. Other fans sd'ed and wore masks. Sheriff Deputies actually went along the stands and "reminded" a couple of scofflaws to put on the mask or get kicked out. Also, the ADs have the authority to stop a game and not resume until people mask up. It happened at one middle TN game this past weekend.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:33 am

Many States have shutdown youth activities outside on fields and in parks. I find it extremely abnormal the teams from CA are traveling to Utah and Arizona and for a time to Mesquite Nevada and are playing Softball with social distancing restrictions and I have yet to hear of a massive outbreak or an issue with numerous spectators or players contracting covid.

St.George Utah had an incident where a player attended the tournament after supposedly being positive but a secondary test showed she wasnt.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

Our children are being punished and are suffering intellectually,physically and emotionally due to political issues. Softball/Baseball fields allow spectators to socially distance very easily. We as parents have a choice to ignore the rules set forth or abide by them. We have to make those adult decisions. Me, I am a high risk Im over 60 have a stent and diabetes so I have been extra cautious because people are dying from this disease, some had NO underlying conditions but I take my 2 daughters to their practices we have been to Utah Mesquite and Prescott I just social distance and my girls wear their masks wash their hands and so far so good.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Whynot » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:56 am

My thing is I drive pass all the parks and I see the basketball counts wide open, players sweating talking to one another without mask. But it’s ok to shut down softball fields and place concrete picnic table to keep our girls off the fields. In softball and baseball it is pretty easy to social distant families from one another.

We were up in Utah that weekend USA Preps had that positive COVID-19 test scare, that turned out to be a negative test. USA PREPS shut down the team and all the teams that were in contact. Great showcase and USA Preps handled the situation to keep everyone else safe.

Families just need to be carful keep your distance wash your hands wear your mask so our kids can get back on the fields and out the house for a few hours.
Whynot
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:08 pm

Whynot wrote:My thing is I drive pass all the parks and I see the basketball counts wide open, players sweating talking to one another without mask. But it’s ok to shut down softball fields and place concrete picnic table to keep our girls off the fields. In softball and baseball it is pretty easy to social distant families from one another.

We were up in Utah that weekend USA Preps had that positive COVID-19 test scare, that turned out to be a negative test. USA PREPS shut down the team and all the teams that were in contact. Great showcase and USA Preps handled the situation to keep everyone else safe.

Families just need to be carful keep your distance wash your hands wear your mask so our kids can get back on the fields and out the house for a few hours.

Agree with you Whynot. To be honest the key group that needs to keep their distance, wear masks and socially stay distant is twenty somethings. Let's hope that group sticks with the guidelines no matter what activities they conduct or attend. Stay safe out there!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to CA