Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Sign Petition to get Fields back Open For Play

by sdiamond » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:55 am

This weekend at a friendly my Daughters Team attended it was suggested Parents start a petition or even look into finding an Attorney to file an injunction against Governor Newsome for not allowing Youth Sports mainly Softball/Baseball to play.

If Outdoor dining shopping at Major retail stores-Grocery stores is allowed how can our sport where social distancing has been proven effective not be allowed.

Thoughts and comments greatly appreciated.
Last edited by sdiamond on Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TheTownUSA » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:20 pm

I for one support your efforts and would just like to add, before we open the fields, let's get those schools opened again for in-person classroom learning. Once our kids can get back to school safely, then we can focus our full attention on getting the fields open again. Who is with me?
TheTownUSA

by eclipse09 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:30 pm

I would support the petition and getting all kids back playing the sports they love.

I agree TT about getting back to school, but if some districts do not open until January then we need to make sure there fields and courts to play on before that. That being said if schools open earlier (Sept/Oct) and safely then fields should follow shortly after that.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:31 am

I am also for opening Schools our District in Fontana has an issue today with Microsoft teams. I dont know if it was hacked like other Districts. Rialto has to send all their student computers back to Dell for software upgrades due to being hacked and they have yet to have classes.I have heard other stories in other Districts. This distance learning is just not working. No School for the kids today and unknown when it will be back up.

I suggested the petition for Baseball/Softball because its a non contact sport. Our children need interaction with others, sports as we all know is very important in the development of children who play as is band(music).

Our district is talking about cancelling ALL sports, I think its just laziness on the Athletic Directors part because there will be overlapping sports next year and its not only a logistical issue its more of a scheduling issue with an emphasis on individuals who play multi-sports.
I am looking into the proper way to begin a petition I have spoke with several friends and they believe it will be a lot of work and it will fall on deaf ears because our States politicians truly dont care they have their own agenda and many cities will not go against the States mandate as they dont want to lose State funds.

I will keep you posted as I learn more..
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:23 pm

California Governor: Let them Play - Sign the Petition! http://chng.it/GdBzMScS via
@Change

Our Children have been subject to stay at home orders or shelter in place since March 13th 2020. No Schooling, No working out in gyms, No Social activities what so ever.

It is a proven fact people need to interact with others and although the covid-19 disease is deadly, our children have rarely been affected.

Sports activities are a integral part of peoples lives and having youth Sports shutdown for 6 months is having a devastating affect on our children's mental and physical health.

Baseball/Softball is not a contact sport and with the size of the playing fields social distancing is easily maintained more so than any other Sport. It has been proven in other States who are holding very large events without any covid cases being reported.

It is time to open our Baseball/Softball Fields in California! Kids have better peer relationships, and fewer behavioral problems. The discipline and training needed to participate in sports helps to develop successful adults and it allows our youth to play not only for the physical conditioning but many will rely on these Sports to get them scholarships to attend College and become prominent members of our communities.

Many large Department Stores, Grocery Stores and other establishments are open and have less social distancing.

A comprehensive study and analysis of existing research found that leisure-time physical activity is associated with reduced risk of 13 different types of cancer, including breast, colon, liver and myeloid leukemia.

We respectfully ask you lift the ban on these two Sports immediately which will also help the economies of many Cities as also the well being of our Youth.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:36 am

Only have 65 signatures, was hoping to have way more by now.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:39 pm

sdiamond wrote:Only have 65 signatures, was hoping to have way more by now.

The numbers were higher when I signed and noticed a number of people sharing on FC, etc so hopefully it keeps going up and quickly.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Backnine » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:49 am

Why doesn't the big orgs. (Firecrackers, Batbusters ect) send this out to all there coaches and coaches send out to all parents and get 80000 signatures. Lets go. Park and Rec shutting down more parks today. Friendlies being cancelled. We are going backwards. Some teams traveling to AZ just to play teams that are right down the street for them. The teams with middle class parents cant afford (approx $750) to go to AZ every weekend are getting the short end of the stick.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:20 pm

This Thread was to sign a petition not a thread for political commentaries.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:54 pm

sdiamond wrote:This Thread was to sign a petition not a thread for political commentaries.

How is it going? Last time I looked it was heading to 1,500 sigs. Hope more people sign especially everyone who is going out of state.....
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA