Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Most Improved 10U teams this year?

by heybucket » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 pm

Ok members WHO ARE the most IMPROVED 10U teams in So Cal from 01/01/08 to 04/04/07 or teams to keep an eye on (sleepers) the Fresno Tourney? 8-)

KEEP IT CLEAN PEOPLE :?
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them
heybucket

by softballdad » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:41 am

American Athletics
Corona Angels
Valley Tribe

These are my picks :o
I believe in getting into hot water. I think it keeps you clean.
softballdad

by Cookie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:46 am

From last year to this year Valley Tribe they will be at ASA Nationals...
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by socalsoftball » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:50 am

From Last year to this year I would agree that the Valley Tribe are much improved and have beat the top southern California teams recently. However, I think teams will be gunning for them now so they will have a tough road ahead of them.

In my opinion the top two teams are still Corona Angels and Team Smith Blue

Teams to watch for are:

Valley Tribe
Cerritos Franchise
OC Batbusters
American Athletics (1 good pitcher & 1 good hitter) Could be the spoiler but will not win a tournament
IV Stealth (good hitting) - Could be the spoiler but will not win a tournament

Remember in 10U especially any game can go to any of these teams when it comes down to head to head. However, I chose the Angels and Team Smith Blue as the top two teams because I feel they have the most depth which will help them in a tournament.
socalsoftball

by bringit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:48 pm

I agree American Athletics could be a spoiler; however in regards to your winning a tournament, the Athletics, have won three tournaments recently. Actually they've beaten Valley Tribe the last 5 times they've played; and in two tournament finals. :lol:
bringit

by canuckle » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:03 pm

Bring it seemed to take this stuff personal........
canuckle

by crazycoach23 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:23 pm

I wouldn't say that bringit is taking it personally. I think they are just trying to clarify and correct what Socalsoftball had written.
crazycoach23

by Luv_SC » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Valley Tribe is indeed improved but not what I would consider one of the top teams in 10u. Actually not one of the teams is as good as a Victory USA or Rebels of last year and so I do not expect any of this years team to have a run at Nationals. If the competition is the same as last year it will be tough for any of the So Cal teams to compete.

As for the leadoff for the AA 10u's that kid is awesome she can hit. I saw her go at least 6 for 6 last weekend and honestly she is the whole team. Pitcher is okay but that leadoff, hit anything and everything. I have seen all the So Cal 10u teams and she is the best hitter by far, actually rivals 00 from Angels for best 10u player in So Cal. I think AA are probabley just as good as Tribe maybe even better hitters.
Luv_SC

by hotwheels » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:43 pm

I would agree with Luv_SC for the most part but I will say that they Angels have a shot. They seem to me to be the best team with Team Smith Blue a distant second. Then after that I would take the American Athletics followed very closely by Valley Tribe. I think after that the Heaters, Franchise, and the Batbusters could all make a strong run 3rd or 4th on any given day. Consistently though, it's got to be the Angels and Team Smith Blue.......Watch out though, AA's have been playing awesome as of late!!! I don't believe any other teams can compete as consistently as these 7!
hotwheels

by canuckle » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:00 pm

Luv_SC wrote:Valley Tribe is indeed improved but not what I would consider one of the top teams in 10u. Actually not one of the teams is as good as a Victory USA or Rebels of last year and so I do not expect any of this years team to have a run at Nationals. If the competition is the same as last year it will be tough for any of the So Cal teams to compete.

As for the leadoff for the AA 10u's that kid is awesome she can hit. I saw her go at least 6 for 6 last weekend and honestly she is the whole team. Pitcher is okay but that leadoff, hit anything and everything. I have seen all the So Cal 10u teams and she is the best hitter by far, actually rivals 00 from Angels for best 10u player in So Cal. I think AA are probabley just as good as Tribe maybe even better hitters.

So let me ask you a question, How did the 96 of last year compare to the 95's of 2006?
were they just as strong or did the competition seem to weaken ?
canuckle

Next

Return to CA