Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Most Improved 10U teams this year?

by hotwheels » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:06 pm

For those of us who are 2nd year 10u's, do you think the Angels or Team Smith Blue are as good as last years older Team Smith team? I thought last year they were very, very good although I don't believe they did very well at Nationals....I think they may have even went to TCS but forgive me if I'm wrong, it's late in the day!
hotwheels

by canuckle » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:10 pm

hotwheels wrote:For those of us who are 2nd year 10u's, do you think the Angels or Team Smith Blue are as good as last years older Team Smith team? I thought last year they were very, very good although I don't believe they did very well at Nationals....I think they may have even went to TCS but forgive me if I'm wrong, it's late in the day!

They are very good def. The Red team last year had very good pitching & hitting that is better.

They won TCS WS & also won ASA Western Nationals in OR. Last year
canuckle

by Luv_SC » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:49 pm

Weaker 95 is strong and 98s look strong I think 96 are better than 97's but not as strong as 95's, Thats a great talent pool always was. San Diego has the strongest 96's in my opinion. That Power Surge team 96 is great and should be awesome next year. 97's Angels are the best but even they are not a Victory USA whom was the strongest team last year. Overall this year in 10's is evenly balanced with a few really good kids spread apart but no one has assembled a really great team.
Luv_SC

by bringit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:19 pm

No not taking personally at all. Actually just didn't want those teams to be sold short. But I guess the proof will be in the pudding at the end of it all. Best of luck to all the teams.
bringit

by Luv_SC » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:39 am

Bringit didnt seem to take it personally to me it seems that there is a much more level playing field this year in 10u honestly I dont see one solid strong team. Angels, batbusters, Franchise, AA, Team Smith Blue, Valley tribe all seem to be pretty equal teams and I know they have all beat each other and Angels may be a little stronger with 00 pitching but thats about it. Being someone that attended ASA 10u nationals last year and seeing the So Cal 10U teams I will tell you that they have to get alot stronger all of them to be competitive there. It was tough competition and we defintely dont have teams like the 95-AA or Nemesis team that was successful at Nationals a few years ago. Lots of season to go but I want people to be realistic about teams and girls in the 10u division this year. Time to take off those rose colored coach glasses or parent glasses and give bringit some credit.
Luv_SC

by Luv_SC » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:39 am

Bringit didnt seem to take it personally to me it seems that there is a much more level playing field this year in 10u honestly I dont see one solid strong team. Angels, batbusters, Franchise, AA, Team Smith Blue, Valley tribe all seem to be pretty equal teams and I know they have all beat each other and Angels may be a little stronger with 00 pitching but thats about it. Being someone that attended ASA 10u nationals last year and seeing the So Cal 10U teams I will tell you that they have to get alot stronger all of them to be competitive there. It was tough competition and we defintely dont have teams like the 95-AA or Nemesis team that was successful at Nationals a few years ago. Lots of season to go but I want people to be realistic about teams and girls in the 10u division this year. Time to take off those rose colored coach glasses or parent glasses and give bringit some credit.
Luv_SC

by addiction » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:10 am

here we go again :roll:
addiction

by hotwheels » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:52 am

OK everyone take a deep breath and let's try and keep it calm and NICE
8-)
hotwheels

by NumeroUno » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Last year 10U teams were stronger than they are this year, last year 12U teams were stronger than they are this year. I don't really see any 12U teams in so cal that are near as good as Lakewood, Victory or Angels were last year. JMO

Before you jump on me, just because you beat a team once does not make you the better team

Lakewood and Corona both had dominating pitchers last year that no 12U teams have this year. I have seen some real solid pitching this year in 12's but I don't see anyone pitcher that dominates.

what do you think?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by BART.SR » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:25 pm

NumeroUno wrote:Last year 10U teams were stronger than they are this year, last year 12U teams were stronger than they are this year. I don't really see any 12U teams in so cal that are near as good as Lakewood, Victory or Angels were last year. JMO

Before you jump on me, just because you beat a team once does not make you the better team

Lakewood and Corona both had dominating pitchers last year that no 12U teams have this year. I have seen some real solid pitching this year in 12's but I don't see anyone pitcher that dominates.

what do you think?

I totally agree, I do not see anyone that is dominating in the 12's....Dont get me wrong though, everyone has good quality pitching...But not the same as last years 12's.....
BART.SR

PreviousNext

Return to CA