6-NSA Fastpitch Worldseries.
No votes
7-Triple Crown Sports.
43%
8-USSSA World Series.
8%

Total votes : 60

by turnin_2 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:07 pm

States IS straight double elimination. There is no pool play for any age group. Fresno is a good tournament; however, I'll take the stakes at state anyday!

by the way..........just because Nor Cal is playing in Fresno doesn't mean it's better. Some (few) great teams north of the grapevine, but no where near as good as So Cal ;)
turnin_2

by dallasfungo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:49 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
dallasfungo wrote:Directional tournaments are irrelevant.

OK I'll bite. What's a directional tournament?

WESTERN nationals
EASTERN nationals
SOUTHERN nationals

SOUTHERN Illinois
EAST Tennessee State
WESTERN Kentucky
dallasfungo

by Bucket Dad » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:21 am

NorCal has won in the past.
Bucket Dad

by Intel » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Winginit:

I understand the concern about the 1st and 2nd place getting the byes, but I was trying to eliminate the top finishers from playing 6 games on Sunday. The pool winners will have earned the byes by going 3-0 on Saturday.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by winginit » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Intel -

I think what you are doing is great and look forward to the tourney! I look forward to having pool play mean something. I appreciate what you are doing. See you in a couple of weeks.
winginit

by coolstuff » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:40 am

I'll probably get slammed for this, but if you're a 10u, 12U, or 14U, and college exposure really isn't on your radar yet, the USSSA World Series is in Disneyworld, so you get to have a nice vacation along with your softball. Plus some condos consider late July to be "off season" so you get pretty good rates in Kissimmee. DD played on a team that went last year, and the competition was pretty good.
coolstuff

by qwikvr6 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:06 pm

We went to the USSSA World Series in Kissimmee last year. The girls had a great time. The fields were amazing. I've talked to people who went to Alabama, and they said it was purgatory. So I want to do what keeps the girls entertained. It's all about them after all..
qwikvr6

by bugs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Same with Triple Crown. Great vacation but mostly SoCal teams you play every weekend.
bugs

by Gone in 2.6 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Fresno Force classic is as good a "non national" tournament as there is in terms
of 12U talent. However, in terms of pure intensity and pressure, it falls short of
So Cal ASA State IMO. Having been with teams that competed in two Fresno Force
Classics and won state a couple times, it was my experience that Fresno Force was no where
near the all out war that So Cal State is.

ALSO keep in mind (and this is no small thing) State has no pool play to establish seeding. BLIND DRAW straight double elim. This can be a nightmare. I'll never forget when a really strong 12U team from San Diego (Power Surge I think) drew USA Athletics - Campbell (I'm sure most of you know Campbell from Victory USA) the very first game. Power Surge got wacked (as everyone usually did by USA Athletics) and who's waiting for them in the losers bracket? TNL, a rivalry game.

2nQ thanks for playing collect your lovely parting gift at the door.

Power Surge went on to win Triple Crown in a runaway.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by Under the Radar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:13 am

Has anyone been to USSSA World Series in Florida? I was thinking for a 10u team that might be a better tourney the TCS as it looks like most of the 10u teams in TCS are all the same SoCal Teams with a few Utah & Nevada & AZ teams.

Last year there were only 14 teams in Park City of which 7 were from CA
Last year USSSA World Series there were 32 teams in the 10u div with 3 coming from CA.
What about AFA for 10u any one been before?
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA