Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

TOP TEAMS IN H.B.

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:41 am

I have to agree that in Showcases and in friendlies that the scores really don't mean much. It's only good for people to go around and say that we beat so and so. Score only really means anything when it comes to the Qualifiers and the Nationals. IMO

I'm sure in showcases the scouts are looking at a pitcher and will see that she is pitching quite a game but has a 2b that can't field a ball and they lose without the pitcher giving up an earned run. The scout will see a good pitcher and a crappy 2b. They will still consider the pitcher. Maybe even vice versa. 2b awsome, makes all the plays but a P that can't pitch.
Sftbll4ever

by Sam » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:23 pm

starbound wrote:
Gone in 2.6 wrote:
Bartjr wrote:Not sure who stood out but I know who didn't stand out Corona Angels 18Gold got spanked by the Firecrackers.

Exposure tournament scores are meaningless.

how come evey girl that played in a games knows the score?

The scores are meaningless. Consider that many signed players are sitting for much of the tournament. Consider that there was free substitution....a college scout could ask for a kid to hit 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in any given inning. Some organizations have multiple teams that they swap players back and forth in order to get the unsigned players the maximum exposure.

Its a showcase....nobody gives a crap about the score.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sb junkie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:00 pm

My inital post was,who stood out(team)?Everyone knows these games mean nothing.I was was just trying to get some info on some games that no one really cares about,except the girls trying to get noticed.Some teams do try to win all their games,they may not be as deep as the teams carrying 30 girls,multiple teams,seniors that are signed,juniors verballed.Again,what teams looked good,solid,contenders, whatever?
sb junkie

by Sam » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:21 am

sb junkie wrote:My inital post was,who stood out(team)?Everyone knows these games mean nothing.I was was just trying to get some info on some games that no one really cares about,except the girls trying to get noticed.Some teams do try to win all their games,they may not be as deep as the teams carrying 30 girls,multiple teams,seniors that are signed,juniors verballed.Again,what teams looked good,solid,contenders, whatever?

Your question got answered. How is anyone to discern "who stood out" when teams weren't necessarily playing what they consider to be their best nine players? Its like going to Kentucky Fried Chicken and asking for a steak.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Gone in 2.6 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:53 pm

sb junkie wrote:My inital post was,who stood out(team)?Everyone knows these games mean nothing.I was was just trying to get some info on some games that no one really cares about,except the girls trying to get noticed.Some teams do try to win all their games,they may not be as deep as the teams carrying 30 girls,multiple teams,seniors that are signed,juniors verballed.Again,what teams looked good,solid,contenders, whatever?

Oh ok, I get you. The Firecrackers looked really good. I did notice that when I popped in at HB. Earlier in the fall I really liked the Cruisers but haven't seen them since. Explosion has some really good players but again, did not see them this time. Most other games I've seen have been very...subsitute rich. Difficult to tell much of anything.

I've noticed a lot of great players but not much stand out "team play".

Some stand outs:

Kipper from Cal Cruisers, Jesi Spigner from Batbusters, the 13 year old pitcher from Doug's team, K-Train from Explosion, That catcher with the ridiculous arm from So Cal Athletics, Jamie Reid from Firecrackers, The 3rd baseman from Wicked, the 14 y/o short stop from Haning's team (unbelievable talent) and a host of others.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by sb junkie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Finally!An educated answer to a simple question!Congrats on Tennesee.
sb junkie

Previous

Return to CA