Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Nor Cal Gold Teams 08-09

by DHBHitting » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:51 am

We have not even gotten to summer ball and you are already talking how they will be in trouble NEXT YEAR?

I know huh? But hey that is what we on-line opinion folks do, post opinions, and their younger players need some work to put it gently. But I can agree with your statement that the Sorcerer "may" be able to make a run this summer. With what they currently have and the planned additions that summer line up will feature some big time fire power that is for sure. Medeiros did impress me this weekend and I said as much in my earlier posts but will she qualify you? Ummmmmm, time will tell on that one, she needs to continue to improve, but she is capable. And I don't remember her from 9 but I remember her from her days with the Strikkers she has always been a solid performer I will give you that. I wish her all the best, and I hope she and Albanese make me eat some crow and get it done for Sorcerer this summer.

Just to put this out there, if Magic can convince Rivera to come back, she helps that team big time offensively and defensively. Magic has done a great job with those girls, they will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Because this much is certain, while they may not blow it out of the water this year, their time is coming, as those girls age they will gain everything they are lacking and we finally may have a Nor Cal team that will make a serious run at a National Title..Good luck ladies.
DHBHitting

by Goldball4 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Magic was definitely the stand out team yesterday. Pitching was as reported, LEGIT. Sorcerers looked pretty good also, good defense, medieros pitched well. Sting, like everyone else has reported OUCH! Needs a little help, defense was sloppy, and offensively needs work also. Magic though , like people have said might struggle with the better pitchers. They did that, both ricketts, and medieros shut them down pretty good. But hey, when you don't give any runs up? You only need to squeak out a run. Good day of ball though, much better then I thought I was going to see.
Goldball4

by Demonboy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:02 pm

I wasn't that enamored with last year's seniors from Nor Cal as a class. I don't see the college kids that come back completely changing the face of the division. The younger players as a whole are better anyway.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by DHBHitting » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:37 pm

I wasn't that enamored with last year's seniors from Nor Cal as a class.

I'll give you that, but the Sharks, Grapes, Sting, and Sorcerer will not be bringing back a class they will be bringing back a select few, and those select few if they do indeed come back and play will make those teams much stronger than they are now.

Just one or two players in the middle of an order, or in the circle can make a world of difference for a club.
DHBHitting

by Demonboy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:29 am

DHBHitting wrote:
I wasn't that enamored with last year's seniors from Nor Cal as a class.

I'll give you that, but the Sharks, Grapes, Sting, and Sorcerer will not be bringing back a class they will be bringing back a select few, and those select few if they do indeed come back and play will make those teams much stronger than they are now.

Just one or two players in the middle of an order, or in the circle can make a world of difference for a club.

This is true. And if a team is right on the cusp, that player or two can put them over the edge. I don't see those teams as on the cusp of a championship though. Maybe it will propell them to the mythical title of "best team in Nor Cal" but nothing beyond IMO.

- Anthrax
Demonboy

by DHBHitting » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Oh no I completely agree.

I mean a top ten finish for any of our Nor Cal clubs this year would be very big IMO, and a national title is pretty much a pipe dream from what I can see, no real contenders in that regard out of our current bunch.

But we are working towards it, I believe the Magic can give it a real go next year. If they can add some additional fire power to that batting order they could get it done.
DHBHitting

by Demonboy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Totally agree about Magic.

Btw, So Cal isn't looking awe inspiring either.

- Anthrax
Demonboy

Previous

Return to CA