Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

PFX Tournament- Not a good use of time

by diamondmom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:49 pm

I must agree, my girls were in awe Friday night and Saturday with all the Olympians walking around and talking to our girls, the look on my daughters face when Natasha Whately, Lisa Fernandez, Jessica Mendoza and Dr Dot said hi and hugged her and showed a geniune interest in what position she played etc, was totally priceless to me.
diamondmom
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rasjohnson » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:04 pm

Sorry for not knowing.. What does PFX stand for?
rasjohnson

by sprtsbimbo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Stands for Profastpitch Xtreme Tour

http://www.pfxtour.com/home.jsp
sprtsbimbo

by rasjohnson » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:40 am

Thanx!!
rasjohnson

by Demonboy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:13 pm

catchersmom wrote:Did it promote pro softball? DUH....... Yes sure there were some problems but your comment about the pro softball is totally naive. You can not tell me you did not expect this tournament to be different. It was clearly published early on what it was based on. The amateurs playing in the same tournament that pro games would be played. Meet and greet sessions, clinics, etc...
It was very exciting especially for the younger girls to be and play in that atmosphere.

It doesn't promote NPF so no, it doesn't promote pro softball. The PFX is to pro softball what the Harlem Globetrotters are to pro basketball.

Barnstorming is a nonesensical way to launch a pro sport. We can only hope the PFX will go away soon so the talent in the NPF can get a little deeper.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

Previous

Return to CA