Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Knucklehead Buena Park Girls Softball Association

by Bomber » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:55 am

From my experience, most parents involved with Rec ball are extremely jealous of players and parents who move onto travel programs. I have seen actions that most would never believe but Adrian takes the prize. Let's assume that Adrian has a daugther that plays Rec Ball and he is one of these extremely jealous parents. Adrian will continue to be a pain in the ass for the softball community all the way through his daughter's high school career. She will be the senior that is playing jv and he will constantly be attempting to convince someone that it isn't fair that his daughter isn't on the varsity and that damn freshmen who plays travel ball isn't that good. Rec ball parents like Adrian expect the local high school program to be an extension of their rec league and unfortunately most are.
Bomber

by as the world turns » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:42 am

Titans93 wrote:
YellowBalls wrote:This is ridiculous..BPGS should fire him from his "volunteer" post and pay for lost revenue in addition to returning past monies owed. Rec coaches whose kids can't make it playing travel are the worst, bitter anti-travel people around. One of these days a solid, Rec League will realize that their "JOBS" are to promote the game of softball, encourage development and TAKE PRIDE when they put out players who can compete at the A level and who love the game. So sad to see these guys on their high-horse, power trips against travel teams. If they are smart, partnering in GOOD FAITH with a travel organization will take some pressure off them with field maintenance and could bring in donations of game balls and other used equipment for their youngsters in the league. What a SHAME and EMBARRASSMENT to Buena Park Girls Softball...

I didn't know that was the job of rec Leagues to get them ready for your travelball teams? this is why we lose fields as travel teams. rec leagues job is not a minor league system for travel teams. there are many travel teams that will not compete with most rec ball allstar teams. As far as partnering with a travel team giving them used equipment like you stated is a slap and a quick way of not using any field. the sorrounding leagues are large there and getting fields is almost impossible. Field maintenance and some softballs are easly covered by their leagues. Too bad we can't play there. the fields with fences and lights and had batting cages?!! what a loss. don't bother going to the city. I already did. Each of the buena park fields are exclusive to the league. permits must be obtain if granted by both Adult leagues if you are using boisenrack and BPGS if at San Antonio. As far as the post that the person left earlier about never hearing about it them ? you might want to look at their website again. I think they are doing O.K. even ASA stated their fields their Rules. hopefully we can approach them at a much later time and maybe they will be more receptive. but, bashing them will not work! Just a little voice from a forme rec and travel coach. " the one with the fields set the rules"

Let me correct your statement, "There are many rec ball all-star teams that will not compete with most travel teams". Many all-star teams have some players that belong and some that don't. If a league has 6 regular season teams, you can bet that 5-6 of the players will be the coaches' kids, they make deals all the time to get their kid on the team. This is not including possible board member's kids. That’s why rec all-star teams are full of holes, and can't compete at the higher level. Many of the coaches and board members think that by donating their time to the league, they should be rewarded a spot on the all-star team.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Titans93 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:27 am

I don't know what league you play used to play on. but, your assessment of Rec teams all-stars, about having 5-6 girls being the coaches kids and the rest are board members kids looking for a favor is completly false. I know as travel coaches there are some great ones and some bad ones . the same goes for Rec Teams. but, you stating that there are no talent in the rec programs . then you have not see ASA Nationals for Rec. I been there and the quality is great. I bet most were not all board member kids or just kids with no talent. Travel ball is great also, I have seen great talent and I back it %100. but, You can't seriosuly think at national level does rec all-star teams can't compete travelball teams. I seen a lot trvael teams and let me tell you they are as bad as some regular season rec teams. Yes, there a lot elite teams out there that they are great. but, for the rest of them there if no significant difference. I think I'll move this post . does not seem to be the right place under this heading. My daughter played travel ball up in oregon and had a great expirience. now I coach Recball and help out in Travelball too. So, I do see quality in both. Just because you play rec does not mean that you are not better than a travelball player. thank you for your responds and time.
Titans93
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Titans93 wrote:I don't know what league you play used to play on. but, your assessment of Rec teams all-stars, about having 5-6 girls being the coaches kids and the rest are board members kids looking for a favor is completly false. I know as travel coaches there are some great ones and some bad ones . the same goes for Rec Teams. but, you stating that there are no talent in the rec programs . then you have not see ASA Nationals for Rec. I been there and the quality is great. I bet most were not all board member kids or just kids with no talent. Travel ball is great also, I have seen great talent and I back it %100. but, You can't seriosuly think at national level does rec all-star teams can't compete travelball teams. I seen a lot trvael teams and let me tell you they are as bad as some regular season rec teams. Yes, there a lot elite teams out there that they are great. but, for the rest of them there if no significant difference. I think I'll move this post . does not seem to be the right place under this heading. My daughter played travel ball up in oregon and had a great expirience. now I coach Recball and help out in Travelball too. So, I do see quality in both. Just because you play rec does not mean that you are not better than a travelball player. thank you for your responds and time.

My bad, I suppose in Oregon there is no difference
as the world turns

by Bomber » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:20 pm

Oregan travel ball must be pretty weak. There is no comparison between rec ball and travel ball.
Bomber

by Ace » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Titans93 wrote:I don't know what league you play used to play on. but, your assessment of Rec teams all-stars, about having 5-6 girls being the coaches kids and the rest are board members kids looking for a favor is completly false. I know as travel coaches there are some great ones and some bad ones . the same goes for Rec Teams. but, you stating that there are no talent in the rec programs . then you have not see ASA Nationals for Rec. I been there and the quality is great. I bet most were not all board member kids or just kids with no talent. Travel ball is great also, I have seen great talent and I back it %100. but, You can't seriosuly think at national level does rec all-star teams can't compete travelball teams. I seen a lot trvael teams and let me tell you they are as bad as some regular season rec teams. Yes, there a lot elite teams out there that they are great. but, for the rest of them there if no significant difference. I think I'll move this post . does not seem to be the right place under this heading. My daughter played travel ball up in oregon and had a great expirience. now I coach Recball and help out in Travelball too. So, I do see quality in both. Just because you play rec does not mean that you are not better than a travelball player. thank you for your responds and time.

Yeah, it must be Oregon. When I coached rec, My team finished second at SoCal State and third at Nationals. As soon as we got back home we went travel and got WAXED. It takes about a year to weed out the players that cant step up and to recruit other players that can. There is no comparison.
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by as the world turns » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:47 pm

How did your rec all-star team do this weekend? Oh, they don't start up again until May. Silly travel ball teams playing 11 months out of the year just to keep up with those rec all-star teams.
as the world turns

by SSdad » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:13 am

as the world turns wrote:

How did your rec all-star team do this weekend? Oh, they don't start up again until May. Silly travel ball teams playing 11 months out of the year just to keep up with those rec all-star teams.

Classic!!
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by cazzy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:46 am

You can't seriosuly think at national level does rec all-star teams can't compete travelball teams. I seen a lot trvael teams and let me tell you they are as bad as some regular season rec teams. Yes, there a lot elite teams out there that they are great. but, for the rest of them there if no significant difference.

:? And on that note dont use drugs and stay in school.
"Nothing will work unless you do." John Wooden
cazzy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re:

by Coach SS » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:52 am

Update and back to the original post - I am happy to report that the team received full refund of amounts previously paid.
Coach SS

PreviousNext

Return to CA