Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Triple Crown, holy crap!

by txsoftballfan » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:35 pm

Buyer beware...
Last year, had the games been played, our team could have started Sunday in Buena Park, then move to Irvine for a game, and then finish down in San Juan Capistrano...all in one day! We complained how dumb that was to the TC folks (Travis)...All because they didn't "just say no" and close the enrollment...they had games for a Huntington Beach tourney up in Artesia even!!! You think they'd learn....

Fortunately, the games and tournament were rained out...and monies were credited towards other tournaments they hosted...so I will give them that...(and they did sell those HB tourney shirts "at cost" at another tournament...which made a nice practice shirt....)...But at some point, TC needs to step up and say "enough"....(yeah, like that will happen when money is involved..)
txsoftballfan

by Demonboy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:42 pm

"Triple Crown, holy crap!"

Yeah that's always been my sentiment too.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by txsoftballfan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Demonboy wrote:"Triple Crown, holy crap!"

Here it starts again this year!! For those of you who entered in the [u]"Huntington Beach Classic"[u], once more in a quest for the $$$$, they have decided to not have a cut off for the amount of teams and instead move the contest through the OC...Check out the facilities-I wasn't aware that San Clemente was near Huntington Beach...oh wait...it isn't. Guess Triple Crown is learning from those Surf City folks in that you can move teams at your whim to nearby Artesia, Fullerton, or Mira Loma, which is a softball toss from Riverside...

But don't forget to support TC and buy those tournament t-shirts.....
txsoftballfan

by hotwheels » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:34 pm

txsoftballfan wrote:
Demonboy wrote:"Triple Crown, holy crap!"

Here it starts again this year!! For those of you who entered in the [u]"Huntington Beach Classic"[u], once more in a quest for the $$$$, they have decided to not have a cut off for the amount of teams and instead move the contest through the OC...Check out the facilities-I wasn't aware that San Clemente was near Huntington Beach...oh wait...it isn't. Guess Triple Crown is learning from those Surf City folks in that you can move teams at your whim to nearby Artesia, Fullerton, or Mira Loma, which is a softball toss from Riverside...

But don't forget to support TC and buy those tournament t-shirts.....

I agree with you txsoftballfan BUT.....These Triple Crown tournaments are still full of many very good teams and average about 1 tournament every 6 weeks or so plus they are VERY well ran with updates, etc.....JMHO......It's a much better alternative than USSSA or AFA or NSA or the all important USTSA......Talent level is second to only ASA here in So Cal and in 12's and 14's all the ASA teams play in these anyways so there is no difference whatsoever......ASA won't start until May anyways so it's a good place to take the teams!!
hotwheels

by artomatic » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:35 am

14u - 48 teams paid!!!
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Joe » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:58 am

Spazsdad wrote:I know they haven't all paid but 36 teams entered in 12u and 52 in 14u for the HB Classic. That's more teams in 12u than SoCal ASA gets for states. Gotta be some kind of record for them.

Rookie

More teams than ASA? Probably because they're not asking us to visit one of those exotic locations...let's say, like... Midland...

....in August!!!
Joe

by Sftbll4ever » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 am

Joe wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:I know they haven't all paid but 36 teams entered in 12u and 52 in 14u for the HB Classic. That's more teams in 12u than SoCal ASA gets for states. Gotta be some kind of record for them.

Rookie

More teams than ASA? Probably because they're not asking us to visit one of those exotic locations...let's say, like... Midland...

....in August!!!

ROOKIE???
:shock:
Sftbll4ever

by NumeroUno » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:29 am

Joe is secretly in love with Spazsdad but don't tell anyone :lol:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by artomatic » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:34 am

NumeroUno wrote:Joe is secretly in love with Spazsdad but don't tell anyone :lol:

well who isnt?
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Joe » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:07 pm

NumeroUno wrote:Joe is secretly in love with Spazsdad but don't tell anyone :lol:

That's right...just showin' some love.
Joe

Next

Return to CA