Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Stealing Players -- Any options?

by Demonboy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:26 pm

OCTravelCoach wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Back to the OP players cannot be stolen, they leave for a reason. You may not like the reason, you may be the reason, doesn't matter. Looking for retribution will benefit no one. Bottom line, do you want to force a player to be on your team when she has no desire to do so? Do you want to try and strong arm or threaten her so she stays with you? Do you think she will be a valuable asset to your team if you were somehow able to keep her? Move on, wish her well, and find a replacement.

I'm not upset at the parents. It the 'other' coach calling a player's parents he knows is already on a team and recruiting her away with whatever sales pitch he made. That's sleazy and underhanded and that coach knows it. I've already cut the cord with the player, we'll move on.

I'd be more concerned that a player of mine prefers the Norco Fillys. :twisted:
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by AM Softball » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
While they are under contract, you can refuse to release the player, making it impossible for her to play in any ASA events

SoCal ASA has no spine and their player contracts are worthless. Why they even have them is beyond me. They mean nothing other than assigning a dollar value to team uniforms and equipment. Even that is outdated as the dollar a mount would not cover a couple sets of high end uniforms.
Bottom line if a player under contract leaves there is nothing you can do about it. There is nothing that ASA will do to support you.

AMEN They will do NOTHING!
AM Softball

by AM Softball » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:44 pm

dodgerblue wrote:
Bottom line if a player under contract leaves there is nothing you can do about it. There is nothing that ASA will do to support you.

I have to disagree with you on that one I seen it happen to a player last year she signed a contract and wanted out of it and ASA stood behind the player contract and she was not allowed to play any ASA championship tournaments.

I guess it depends on the team and how much the parent complains.

I have seen impact players such as pitchers quit 5 weeks before state and ASA allowed it. Dealing with the player leaving, trying out new line ups, changing your signs, etc. doesn't matter. The majority is punished and it shouldn't be that way...
AM Softball

Previous

Return to CA