CA

TCS Huntington Beach Classic..Game Times posted 10u-18u

by sball14 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:49 pm

good stuff!!

maybe we could go out this weekend?

hometown buffet?
sball14

by Clean_up » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:52 pm

LOL - yeah, it's a date -- do you think they have a booth big enough for the both of us? :o We'd have to sit on the same side ya know!!! :lol:
Clean_up

by YellowBalls » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Get a room!
YellowBalls

by sball14 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:32 pm

we tried, couldn't get through the doorway
sball14

by artomatic » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Hey, don't forget that quirky TCS rule:
Teams must provide one new ball and one used ball per game...

no rain yet...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hotwheels » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:49 pm

16U had some game times revised...I'm not sure about the other divisions so you might want to check it out.....We got a late schedule Saturday night...
4:15
7:15
8:30

WOW
hotwheels

by AM Softball » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:26 pm

A championship game, in 12U, that starts at 8:00pm is RIDICULOUS!! (Especially on Sunday when they have school the next day and have played 3-4 games). My daughter has finals that week. It reminds me of State last year with the late games.

My daughter's bed time is 10:00 and one of our other pitchers goes to bed at 9:00 so that is unacceptable and bad for their health and education. Some kids drive from over two hours away for this tournament so they wouldn't get home til almost midnight.

When do they ever take the KIDS into consideration? Anybody that has kids would know that is CRAZY!!!!!

I could see some of the teams forfeiting that (like the Gold teams do so often when it gets that late...especially when the tournament doesn't mean anything).
AM Softball

by Nzane » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:45 pm

AM Softball wrote:A championship game, in 12U, that starts at 8:00pm is RIDICULOUS!! (Especially on Sunday when they have school the next day and have played 3-4 games). My daughter has finals that week. It reminds me of State last year with the late games.

My daughter's bed time is 10:00 and one of our other pitchers goes to bed at 9:00 so that is unacceptable and bad for their health and education. Some kids drive from over two hours away for this tournament so they wouldn't get home til almost midnight.

When do they ever take the KIDS into consideration? Anybody that has kids would know that is CRAZY!!!!!

I could see some of the teams forfeiting that (like the Gold teams do so often when it gets that late...especially when the tournament doesn't mean anything).

Bad for their health and education? Having Finals sux. That will be tough. But, although thats a late start time, I promise your Daughter will "recover" from going to bed too late, if your team makes the Championship.
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by AM Softball » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Nzane wrote:
AM Softball wrote:A championship game, in 12U, that starts at 8:00pm is RIDICULOUS!! (Especially on Sunday when they have school the next day and have played 3-4 games). My daughter has finals that week. It reminds me of State last year with the late games.

Bad for their health and education? Having Finals sux. That will be tough. But, although thats a late start time, I promise your Daughter will "recover" from going to bed too late, if your team makes the Championship.

Yes, sleep is important for anyone's health much less a growing 12 year old and being a teacher, I think finals are fairly important.

If you don't have the grades, you won't be playing softball in HS or college so education comes first in my mind. Our priorites are family, education, and softball.

If my daughter makes the Championship, we will recover at 8:01 when we get in our cars and head home.
AM Softball

by JustWondering » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Yeah right. Your DD's team probably has no chance of making it that far anyway.
JustWondering

PreviousNext

Return to CA