Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

TCS Huntington Beach Classic..Game Times posted 10u-18u

by anonlooker » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Ya gotta love it! Overcast with 30% chance of light showers throughout the weekend (up to 50% by 'ship time Sunday evening)... looks like SoCal will be playing softball in Midwest / N'East weather. :lol:

And good of TCS to provide field updates every 3 hours or so... anybody from ASA paying attention?? :o
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by play4fun2 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:44 pm

i just stopped by the hb sports complex on the way home from work around 5:30pm.
i checked fields #2, #3, #4.
all in excellent shape!
a couple puddles by the dugout entrances, but the infields were really good. actually much better than usual. those infields are usually like concrete...they are already dragged and chalked...temporary pitching rubbers pounded in.
so hopfully no more rain...

***No temporary fences....that grass is like a putting green, so there will be some balls rolling a long way...

Same with Murdy; looks really good, except for the grass being like a putting green.
play4fun2

by anonlooker » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Just wondering... if we all get down there and the unspeakable happens... does Ogggi's serve breakfast? :D
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by NumeroUno » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Arto knows.....
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by cazzy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:08 pm

anonlooker wrote:Just wondering... if we all get down there and the unspeakable happens... does Ogggi's serve breakfast? :D

Yes its called a bolt burger!!
"Nothing will work unless you do." John Wooden
cazzy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:40 pm

anonlooker wrote:Just wondering... if we all get down there and the unspeakable happens... does Ogggi's serve breakfast? :D

well, the scottish ale looks kind of like coffee...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by scorkep » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Maybe those of you who have the 8 am game, can let those of us who don't have to be there till 3:30 know how the weather is doing!!
scorkep

by AM Softball » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:33 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
I agree it's a little too late and they should have limited the teams to a more reasonable number like 48. JMO

Um, there are only 26 teams in 12u :?

Who has finals in January? Aren't they at the end of the year? Hence the name final.

My daughter has finals; they are SEMESTER FINALS...
AM Softball

by AM Softball » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Nzane wrote:I would understand about the sleep "deprivation" if, say, your team was practicing till 10pm EVERY night. But, come on. ONE NIGHT? Your kid is gonna have a meltdown from staying up late ONE NIGHT? Wow. As for finals, I know my DD has mid terms. They finished em yesterday. I promise, IF your DD's team makes the Championship, and she stays up till 10pm, she wont melt.........

Oh you are correct; she won't melt. That's not the point though. If more people stood up for the KIDS, instead of saying they will get over it, this wouldn't happen. If we are truly here for the KIDS, and not the money, there would not be an 8:00 game on Sunday night because there are too many teams to get the games in at reasonable times.

Bottom line! We could argue both sides forever and I agree to disagree but I don't believe the kids were in their thoughts when they did this. Just my opinion only.
AM Softball

by artomatic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:18 am

5:15m--just woke up to light rain... :twisted:
weird, nothing showing on radar on weather.com.
hope it doesn't delay anything...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA