Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Teams not taking a break

by OCwildcatMom » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:53 am

Is it just me or does it seem like more and more teams are taking only a week or 2 off before spring?

I remember when after Nationals we got almost a month and a half off and the same in December.
OCwildcatMom

by CoachJHirsh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:29 pm

For what it is worth....we took a month off after nationals, week off at Thanksgiving, take off a month b/t dec/jan, week off at Spring break and practices only 1-2 weeks prior to Nationals. Our kids always come back refreshed and eager to get after it. Formula works for us...others unknown? JMO
CoachJHirsh
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoCalASABlue » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:51 am

I am always on the lookout for signs of burnout. We have to remind the parents (and the coaches) that the game still has to be fun and that these are still kids. We played in TCS Christmas Qualifier - now the girls are off until after New Year's. Team Christmas party this weekend with homemade tamales and all the fixings - YUM! :lol:

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a joyous, prosperous and SAFE New Year! ;)
SoCalASABlue

by Mr. Monday! » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 pm

I have noticed that too! Kids need to have a break. Is it really worth taking DD to a practice she doesn't want to go to because they have been at it since last January! Everybody needs a little time a way to recharge the batteries! Merry Christmas!
Mr. Monday!

by coachEd » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:41 pm

How about the post by Bomb Squad looking for 1 14u team to make a December 23rd friendly go. LOL. Hey #!, how about we send this guy a lump of coal instead of an HB t-shirt. What a grinch (the grinch coach that stole Christmas break).
coachEd

by NumeroUno » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:38 pm

I have been saying it for years why do 10-18 year old girls have less time off than pro athletes?

One reason is there are lots of coaches who have no other life than softball and they are clueless. I used to never want to take a break but I got smart and realized it is necessary. Hey if a team is finishing top 15 at PGF year after year you are doing something right if you aren't than do something different.

I know a lot of top gold teams that take a lot of time off
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by SoftballSoccerDad » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 am

10upitcher wrote:A huge 12u pitcher being used to pitch on a 10u team at toys for tots tourney at west covina BLD! What a shame that just shows she cant do her job as a 12u pitcher or is her daddy to scared to let her try! What a joke play up where she should be at!

Breaktime.
SoftballSoccerDad

by Hinky » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:05 am

Families complain about this not taking a break issue.

Here's an idea...
How about when your team falls apart, when your team collapses, when your team separates, when your coach ends the team, when the team dissipates, when the team is no longer a team... how about instead of freaking out and running a muck to try and get on another team in a hurry...

Take a break!!!

Guess what travel ball softball will still be there and there will be a spot for your daughter to play somewhere.

No one gets penalized for taking a couple/few months off on your own especially in 14U and under age brackets. Option to take the opportunity to do nothing,
or keep your skill-sets sharp by doing some training on your own.
Hinky

by C77fastpitch » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:31 am

Hinky, you talk as if you know something about playing fast-pitch softball, and the position of pitching. Is this true, or again are you merely talking like you know what everyone should do?
C77fastpitch

by C77fastpitch » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Spazsdad- You are spiraling out of control, hey-bucket stalker. You can't stay off my posts can you? Get a life drama queen, and stop watching the Hallmark Channel. I know, tweet Rose Ann Barr, talk about a match made in heaven.

PS Dancing with the stars will soon start a new season, at least one day a week you'll stay off this Forum.
C77fastpitch

Next

Return to CA