Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who are your top 3 12U teams in SoCal??????????

You can vote for 3 teams only

Poll ended at Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:42 pm

1-American Athletics'95
10%
2-Anderson Heat'95
19%
3-Bomb Squad'95
5%
4-Corona Angels'95
19%
5-Minors Gold'95
6%
6-Nemesis Elite'95
7%
7-OC Impact'95
21%
8-SD Renegades'95
5%
9-TNL'95
5%
10-So Cal Jynx'96
4%

Total votes : 165

by Cookie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:08 am

Those teams are listed in alphabetical order not by ranking. Minors Gold beat the Stingers this weekend but I don't think Minors Gold is in the top 5, well not yet anyway but with the great coaching that they get they will be a top team soon. While a lot of teams have peaked and leveled off Minors Gold is getting better and better every week. Great coaching, great players and a lot of talent spells success.
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by lakers32 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:03 am

SOCALSFTBAL00 wrote:After this week I believe the Stingers95 out of Santa Clarita can be add to the top 10 ten if not the top 7. The had a tremendous outing this weekend playing 4 games and out of those 4 games they played 2 of the teams that where in this top 10 list and beating #10 and playing there fourth game against a very competitive #5.................

Talk to a friend about jynx loss to stingers(5-3), said jynx was up 3-1 after 4 inn. and tried to get their other starter some work after being off for several weeks(injured pitching hand). She walked four batters in a row followed by a 3 run triple, ball game. I'm not saying stingers aren't the better team, but friendlies are not the best measure of a teams ranking. Tournaments are a much better barometer to measure your team by.

Looks like the rankings on this post are correct, for the time being OC Impact is the team to beat.
lakers32

by NumeroUno » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:14 am

Why OC Impact, not that they aren't one of the best teams in 12's but they lost to Corona Angels at the Surf City Classic and then Anderson Heat beat the Corona Angels...

So after this weekend looks like Anderson Heat just moved into the #1 spot..

Let's wait until the Fresno Force tourney to see who is the big Dog, Anderson, Corona, Impact, Stingers? Time will tell.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by lakers32 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:38 am

Recieved some bad info last night. You are correct that would make Anderson Heat the team to beat. How about AA's, I heard they did well in a 14u tournament in Las Vegas. I've seen them play and they look like they should be a top 3 team, but every time people talk about top teams in 12u it's always CA,AH and OC Impact. Is it that they are not at the others level or are they just trying to stay away from that "team to beat" target on their jersey.
lakers32

by lakers32 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:18 pm

So when do you measure your team against other teams ? One of the reason why you play friendlies is so that you play other good teams like So Cal Jynx and find out what the other team is like before you enter a tourney......Subject: Who are your top 3 12U teams in SoCal??????????

SOCALSFTBAL00 sent me this message and I think he makes a point worth discussing. I hope you don't mind me posting this SOCALSFTBAL00, I will not post anyone's private message in the future if they request me not to do so.

SOCALSFTBAL00, I agree with your statement but if my dd's team beat Anderson Heat in a friendly with our #1 against their #3 pitcher I don't think you have a fair measure of a teams victory. I believe your team lost to minor's gold and their #1 was watching MLB spring training. The good coaches will give away some wins in friendlies to work on their teams weakness. My point is that until a team plays in some tournaments with some good teams you don't really know where you stand.
lakers32

by Elatomico » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:56 pm

As far as "Top Teams", I have to say that in the 12U division there is a tight group of teams that you have to give respect to. Anderson Heat, Corona Angels, OC Impact, may be considered to be at the top, but in reality, there are teams like AA's, TNL, Bomb Squad 95, Nemesis, Minors Gold, which can all play a dominant game and would sneak one past you if you don't take them serious. The Surf City Classic was a good test for some of these teams, but watching a few of the games, and looking at the scores, none of the 4 teams mentioned in the top 10 that played vs. each other at surf city won by more than 2 points. That keeps the race tight and uncomfortable for some of these coaches, and that makes for an exciting Fresno Force and So Cal State Championship.
Congratulations Art and Felix, you are now wearing a bulls-eye for all the rest of us.
Elatomico

by Dynasty 12-U » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:46 pm

There were some great games this weekend at Surf City. SD Power Surge 96 was a surpise being an all 96 team. As for the Dynasty squad, there only losses were to Corona and Grapettes, 2nd and 3rd place teams...Not too bad for a "Sub Par" squad
Dynasty 12-U

by LA FAMILIA » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:47 am

how you can name so cal jinx in the top 10 if they never compete in a real tournament, they only play friendliest, also they have been playing travel ball every winter since the first year 10u is a good team but nothing to compare whit the oc impact, AA, Nemesis 95, Anderson heat, mizuno pride, minors gold, is just my view.
LA FAMILIA

by lakers32 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:53 pm

LA FAMILIA wrote:how you can name so cal jinx in the top 10 if they never compete in a real tournament, they only play friendliest, also they have been playing travel ball every winter since the first year 10u is a good team but nothing to compare whit the oc impact, AA, Nemesis 95, Anderson heat, mizuno pride, minors gold, is just my view.

What is a "friendliest"?

If they are friendlier than friendlies, I would love to have my dd's team play in one.
lakers32

by str8up » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:05 pm

LA FAMILIA wrote:
how you can name so cal jinx in the top 10 if they never compete in a real tournament, they only play friendliest, also they have been playing travel ball every winter since the first year 10u is a good team but nothing to compare whit the oc impact, AA, Nemesis 95, Anderson heat, mizuno pride, minors gold, is just my view.

Wow it's funny how people sweat other peoples opinions, like being compared with certain teams, bottom line is the author of this post picked these 10 teams for a reason, this author does his homework that is why this site is growing ...........its "str8up". :ugeek:
Team Work
Multiplies Your Talent
str8up

PreviousNext

Return to CA