Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IL

Top 14U Chicago Area Teams for 2012-13

by B-Dad » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Between the last weekend of Sept and the 3rd week of Oct there are three ASA/USA Qualifiers along with a HOF qualifier. The 2013 14U ASA/USA National will be in Normal. With it being so close, I expect we will see all the better teams battling it out for the 3 bids. We will quickly see if there is a standout team.
B-Dad

by LOVETHEGAME26 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:03 pm

14U NWI White Sox are going to be a really good team. They were pretty good last year, however with there new head coach, top returning players and the new ones they added they will definitely be a team to watch for.

14U IL OutLaws/Raiders team I think will be another great team together.

I'm looking forward to seeing Edge Chaos in 14U as well. They placed 5th in ASA Nationals.

IS ANYONE PLAYING IN THE ORLAND PARK A'S AUTUMN BLAST ASA QUALIFIER OCTOBER 19TH!!
Renee Perkins
LOVETHEGAME26

by B-Dad » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Has anyone watched some teams play? I know there were some 14s at the Rockers Round robin. I'm sure there were others. Also the PGF in Indy is going on now.

Interested in some early season results.
B-Dad

by B-Dad » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:34 pm

My top 6 teams so far:
Wasco
IL Outlaws
Sparks Black
Windmills Blue
Bulls/Sox
Edge Chaos

Others I have seen that are not up to the top 6
Sparks Red
Hawks FB
Schaumburg Sluggers
Lemont Rockers RD
Orland A's 14U (all three teams)
Downers Grove Outlaws
Barrington Bandits
Kane County Explosion
St. Charles Comets
B-Dad

by B-Dad » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:18 pm

I have to amend my previous post. The team I think most would agree is the top team around Chicago is the Bevery Bandits 14U. Don't see them playing 14U, only 16U and they are contenders at most local tournaments at that age (went undefeated in 16U in St. Louis this past weekend, granted it was an exposure, but also usually finish in top 1/4 of 16U area tourneys)

There are really no dominate teams this year (so far). There are really about 4 or 5 that could win any given weekend.

Taken from a local site a few other opinions:
1. Edge Chaos
2. Oak Park Windmills
3. Bull Sox Academy

Another says:
1. Windmills Blue Solberg
2. Wasco diamonds 98
3. Downers Grove Outlaws CN
4. New Lennox Lighting TW
5. Bulls/Sox NWI
6. Edge chaos 99
7. Sparks
8. Bulls/Sox Academy
9. Lemont Rockers BU
10. Illinois Outlaws

What do you think?
B-Dad

by Midwest » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:30 am

B-Dad,

Was in St. Louis this past weekend also and saw both the Bererly Bandits and the Wasco 14U teams play in the 16u levels. The Bandits are a level or two above anyone else at 14u in the Chicago land area. Saw them run rule a team I beleive from Arizona down there. Lets just say the parents from that team were not happy. The Wasco team I heard finished at 500 down there. Though one game I saw they got beat pretty good ( too many mistakes they made ). These two organizations have become the top or elite Org. in the area in developing players. Not just at 14u but the levels above them. Just a few weeks a go I saw Both the Bandits and Wasco 16u teams play each other for the championship at the fall Metro With the Bandits winning in an international tie breaker. I don't have a daughter at 14u so I can't say how other teams are but just the ones I've seen.
Midwest

by B-Dad » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Pick your top 5 teams for the 2/8 at the Avanti Dome:
Sterling Steam 98 White
BNGSA Angels 14s
Sterling Steam 98 Gold
Hawks 14U Judge
Southern Express 99
synergy rayz
Premier Fastpitch U14
White Sox Training Academy
Illinois Outlaws 14u
Heartland Havoc 98

I only know about 2 of these teams (not including Hawks). Also, I don't think the Hawks 14U Judge is correct, the Judge team is a 16U team. I just don't know enough about most of these teams, so can't pick 'em very well. However I would say (assuming it is the Judge team without his 16 YOs).
1. Hawks
2. White Sox
3. SS98G
4. Outlaws
5. Havoc
B-Dad

Previous

Return to IL