Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IL

16u USA/ASA National Qualifier - Joiliet

by Midwest » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:08 am

Say some great games this past weekend even though it was cold out there. Beverley Bandits beat Wasco Diamonds 6-5 in international tie breaker.
Wasco looked intimidated in the first inning. Besides first three batters striking out they gave up four (4) unearned runs in the first by throwing the ball around, had to give Bandits 5-7 outs that inning. Though give credit to the Bandits for putting the ball into play. When Wasco came around for the second time in the order they started pounding the ball. They scored a few runs and the pitch for the Bandits ( who is committed to LSU ) got pulled. Then in comes the pitcher ( committed to Oregon ) and she gets hit hard with Wasco taking the lead 5-4. Then it became a very good defensive game on both sides but both teams still hit the ball hard. Finally the Bandits were able to tie the game in the bottom of the 7th. In the international there was a questionable call made against Wasco ( which I didn't see because I was talking to someone ). A interference call was made. The first batter up hit a hard grounder that hit the runner on second going to third. The problem was the umpire was behind the play. On Wasco side people said the ball got by the short stop then hit the runner. Bandits side it looked to them that they were even. The umps talked about it and said the runner and infielder were even. The Bandits were able to score the winning run with 2 outs on a nice slap up the middle over the infield heads.

Final order of Finish for top five:
1) Beverley Bandits
2) Wasco Diamonds
3) Hawks - Finnley
4) Lemont Rockers - RC
5) Bull / Sox Acd. and New Lenox
Midwest

by NumeroUno » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:09 am

Is Joiliet next to Kawanee?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Big Momma » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:26 am

I was at the game (my dd plays for the Bandits). The ball hit the player, that can not be argued. Why was she in motion with a hard hit ball to the shortstop in the first place. Had she hesitated, even for a second, it would have changed the game. Wasco played a great game and hit the ball hard and found the gaps. Those girls are great and will do very well!
Big Momma

by Midwest » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:07 pm

NumeroUno, Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake of ( Joliet ). Also found my first word of the post was miss spelled ( say - Saw ). I'm not familiar with the area but using map quest saw that Kewanee was about 2 hrs. west of Joliet :) .

Big Momma - you are correct, a ball hit to that side of the field the runner must hesitate. By the way your team is also great and will go far, if not to every Championship game in tournaments. I have to say watching tournaments is much funner then Exposures. Good luck again to your daughters team.
Midwest

by NumeroUno » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Midwest wrote:NumeroUno, Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake of ( Joliet ). Also found my first word of the post was miss spelled ( say - Saw ). I'm not familiar with the area but using map quest saw that Kewanee was about 2 hrs. west of Joliet :) .

Big Momma - you are correct, a ball hit to that side of the field the runner must hesitate. By the way your team is also great and will go far, if not to every Championship game in tournaments. I have to say watching tournaments is much funner then Exposures. Good luck again to your daughters team.

You are the first person on here that said i spelt a word right :D
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Big Momma » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks Midwest I will pass that along to the girls. I love to see Midwest softball take center stage. I feel that this team will shine a light on the softball being played here. There are a lot of quality players here (Chicago area) and I am so glad to be able to watch it every weekend! That Wasco team is a great group of girls and parents and they will do very well this year and for years to come.
Big Momma

Return to IL