Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IL

Who's going to avantis dome? Who's been there recently?

by Fuddrules » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:16 am

westwind wrote:Yep! That's an easy one. It's a NSA tournament, link posted below

Waco is playing 16s.

http://www.illinoisnsa.com/NSAGirls2010 ... aments.htm

If that's the good Wasco team, looks like they are just wanting some game time. Vs. most of those opponents, Wasco will short game them even in the hour time limit.

Outside of Havoc 96, Diamondstorm and possibly Black Widows and St. Peters, it looks more like a B tournament.

As far as a Pekin comparison, it is similar to Ft. Wayne.
Fuddrules

by Pridefpsb17 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 am

Pretty funny that we show up at games this weekend, and find out that teams have been switched around which ends up benefitting a team who's coach also coaches HS with the state director. . .coincidence? I think not.

What's also ironic is it's the second year, that teams have been switched on us and not being told. Yet another reason to play different organizations. :mrgreen:
“Well-behaved women rarely make history” -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"I just want you to be happy, as long as it is on my terms" -Martha Stewart
Pridefpsb17

by anut710 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:31 am

kidd0704 wrote:I would say 1 of the teams to beat at 12U will be there Feb1-3 Heartland Havoc 00 from Quad Cities. Them and the Firebirds always seem to find themselves in Championship Games.

The older 12u ('00) Firebirds USA will be there March 22-24.
anut710

by Fuddrules » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:40 pm

Pridefpsb17 wrote:Pretty funny that we show up at games this weekend, and find out that teams have been switched around which ends up benefitting a team who's coach also coaches HS with the state director. . .coincidence? I think not.

What's also ironic is it's the second year, that teams have been switched on us and not being told. Yet another reason to play different organizations. :mrgreen:

So are you going to be sticking with USSSA?
Fuddrules

by anut710 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:02 am

anut710 wrote:
kidd0704 wrote:I would say 1 of the teams to beat at 12U will be there Feb1-3 Heartland Havoc 00 from Quad Cities. Them and the Firebirds always seem to find themselves in Championship Games.

The older 12u ('00) Firebirds USA will be there March 22-24.

The Havoc lost to Champaign Dream early on Saturday 2-1.They came back through the bracket to meet the Dream again in the championship and won 9-3 in extra innings.
anut710

by Pridefpsb17 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:06 am

Congrats Havoc!

Pridefpsb17

by westwind » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:05 am

Nice tournament and experience for the 10 u girls.

Was glad they had the 10's scheduled to be done before it got too late.

Eichs PAC Twisters from Plainfield beat the Milan Aces in the championship 4-0.

I believe the Unity Rebels Black were third ahead of a couple young teams.
Last edited by westwind on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
westwind

by Pridefpsb17 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:11 am

Fuddrules wrote:
Pridefpsb17 wrote:Pretty funny that we show up at games this weekend, and find out that teams have been switched around which ends up benefitting a team who's coach also coaches HS with the state director. . .coincidence? I think not.

So are you going to be sticking with USSSA?

While I believe that they are the organization that nearly has it right, we are going to try USFA. While I really would like to play more ASA, we just can't attend any national event with either ASA or USSSA because of their dates for the national tournaments. Those clearly conflict with middle school/junior high softball at the 12U level. USFA's national is early enough in July as not to conflict.

BTW, 16 teams at 12U in Pekin was a little bit ridiculous (not counting the 10s or 14s). Does anybody realize that in March 15 there are 19 12U teams going?

Pridefpsb17

by Midwest » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:00 am

You may be playing outdoors at that time and use the 4 fields by the dome. That would make it easier with 19 teams playing. So bring the warm gear. I know that week some H.S. teams are having their first games of the season. So the outdoors is not out of the question.
Midwest

by Pridefpsb17 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:05 am

Midwest wrote:You may be playing outdoors at that time and use the 4 fields by the dome. That would make it easier with 19 teams playing. So bring the warm gear. I know that week some H.S. teams are having their first games of the season. So the outdoors is not out of the question.

While it would be great if it were warm enough, we have been up there around those dates for the last four years. While it has sometimes been warm enough, they have never done it.

I just hope that if that is their thinking they give us a head's up!!! :D

Pridefpsb17

PreviousNext

Return to IL