Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IL

Top 10U Teams?

by mdmama » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:18 pm

I don't think any offense was intended toward the Lady Hitmen. Last year the 10u Lady Hitmen did do well for a newly formed team. Unfortunately, I believe most of the team aged up and the 10u is basically a developmental team this year, with only a few experienced players. Plus, according to the USSSA website, they have one guy coaching 4 or 5 teams??? I don't think they will be on the list of top competitors at 10u ASA state this year. That being said, I'm sure they will develop into a great fastpitch softball organization in time.

Does anyone know anything about downstate or metro teams?
mdmama

by westwind » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:33 pm

I WAS MISINFORMED!!! 8-)

I thought the LH were pretty much intact from last year, my bad.

This is the FIRST and LAST time I will ever be wrong, lol. Carry on.
westwind

by darkhorses1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:14 am

Trust me, Westwind, had it been the same LH team as last year, I would not have said that. They gave us all we could handle on many occasians. Including 3 ITB games if I remember right. But its not even close to the same team as even some of their 02 girls they did have went elsewhere at tryouts. The 01's they had moved up to 12U, which was the majority of their team. Thank you Mdmama for understanding where I was coming from.

oh, and good luck to your Aces, Westwind.
darkhorses1

by westwind » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks and looking forward to a competive year.

I got cabin fever so bad I shoveled slush of the local ball field this morning in hope of getting on it sooner.
westwind

by darkhorses1 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:47 am

April has come and gone. Any update on this topic?
darkhorses1

by OnSun14 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:03 pm

My daughter plays 12U ball, but I've watched a bit of 10U softball in between my daughter's games... I've seen a bunch of 10U teams, but the Milan Aces, QC Firebirds, and East Peoria Express seem to be head and shoulders above any other 10U teams that I have seen in Pekin and East Peoria tournaments so far.
OnSun14

by westwind » Sun May 05, 2013 6:44 am

FB's are the big dogs at 10's for the foreseeable future from what I've seen.

In East Peoria last week, it was FB's, East Peoria Express and Milan Aces in that order. Express have a very nice team and put on a nice tournament. They are the big dogs in the race for Top Ballpark Porkchop if anyone is keeping track of that :lol:

I would like to see some of the metro/suburban teams, have no idea who competes over that way.
westwind

by darkhorses1 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:11 am

We are headed up to Wasco, IL Memorial Day weekend, so that will be a good chance to see what the Metro area has to offer.
darkhorses1

by westwind » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:04 am

Well, the results are in so to speak. After the ASA State in Decatur I was looking forward to revisiting our March prognosticating. Some hits, some misses and jeez I still regret that dumb comment I made about the Lady Hitmen.

In the "A" bracket it was

1) Peoria Express
2) QC Firebirds '02
3) Milan Aces
4) BNGSA Angels
5) Mt. Zion Lady Braves (pretty sure that's right)

Saw some great games down there and some 10's that play great ball. Saw some coaches that are laying foundation for really nice teams of the future. One of those I'd give props to is Mattoon Pride. Very nice team, thought they were well coached and a class act. I did not see all the teams play so I'm leaving some out, my apologies to them.

Decent tournament. As always, some umpire teams were really good, and wow, did I see some consistently bad ones. I was not very impressed with the brackets. Bottom half of bracket was loaded with "all the usual suspects" and the top half not so much. The better teams still rose to the top though, no matter what route they had to take.

It was a fun year. DD's year is over, this was our final hurrah with the 11" ball. It was great to visit with parents and coaches from other teams from all over the state and look forward to seeing them all in the coming years. It was great to play teams with different approaches to winning games. In the end, I'm glad we travelled a little and found teams to beat us up earlier in the season. It's no fun to get roughed up but that's how you get better.

Good luck to all who are going to nationals. Represent us well!
westwind

Previous

Return to IL