Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IL

Top 10u teams in the Chicagoland area

by westwind » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:59 pm

The only thing I could find about what teams were at NSA B nationals in East Peoria didn't list results. Just listed who was signed up. Didn't see any of the top illinois teams that I'm aware of.
westwind

by JB45 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:03 pm

We were there playing in the 8u division, but I did see the Twisters and the East Peoria Express playing in the 10u division. And I do know a Illinois team beat a Indiana team in the finals in 8u. :D
JB45

by CoachTom » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:31 pm

I know the 2013 10U EICHs Twisters Yellow and they were an excellent team and won many tourneys, just about every one they played in. They were always looking for better competition even playing in a 12U tourney.

They played in the NSA B cause it was an hour and half from their home in Illinois and the A was in Tennessee... simply location and that was the first WS those girls ever played in. Its not easy getting parents to go along with long trips with most of them experiencing TB for the first time. They took 5th in the NSA B, the Indiana Zephyrs took 1st and Twisters actually beat them in Pool play in extra innings. The kids on the Twisters Yellow all came from the same local Rec League and all live within about 15 miles of each other. Not many teams can make that claim...

I don't think it was a trophy grab, just some other things influencing that location decision...
CoachTom

by fireball101 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:58 am

I agree that the Twisters Yellow team was/is a great team. It is awesome that they could put together a team that is within 15 minutes of everyone. I saw the Zephyr/Twisters game at the WS. Both of them battled for the lead. It just so happens that the Twisters came out on top. If these two teams played 10 times it would probably be a 5 - 5 record for each of them. As it was with the Twisters, the Zephyrs were a 1st year team with girls from the same area. The only game that the Zephyrs lost at WS was the game to the Twisters by 1 in extra innings but they rarely won by a large number of runs.

As for trophy hunting, it would appear neither of these teams went to Peoria with the intention of walking away with a trophy. The Zephyrs had several close games and the Twisters lost two. Proves that each team was in the right location!! Would love to see them play each other again!!
fireball101

Previous

Return to IL