Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Who are the top 10U teams for 2012-13

by FPDad00 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:32 am

slapperdad wrote:Good grief, how many of these kids will even be playing Softball in 6-7 years? I'm really glad I'm from another time.

Very valid point. It is a huge step up for alot of these girls in a few months. It will be interesting to see who can handle the transition and still be considered for a list such as this. That especially goes for the pitchers.
FPDad00

by HoosierBBall » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Slapperdad, I'm with you on this one. It's kinda like crazy cheerleader moms, but with dads and softball. Anyone have a bag of popcorn to go with this comedy?
HoosierBBall

by Not2nemore » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:57 pm

I will admit I've been in the middle of some heybucket drama but ranking players is a new low first I would like to point out some of the best 10u players are playing 12u the best 10u catcher I've seen plays for the 12u magic. Has anyone noticed you never see 16u and 18u parents ranking anything. I sincerely doubt the ones ranking girls are qualified to do so and 10u girls have a ways to go let them have fun.
Not2nemore

by Beast_30 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:03 am

I understand and don't completely disagree with all of the comments about ranking 10U players, although I wouldn't look that great in a cheer leading skirt, sometimes we as parents get a lot over zealous and I apologize if it offended anyone. At the end of the day, it is about 10yr old girls learning to love the game and giving it everything they have.

I do get a kick out of someone coming on here bashing it as "a new low" and then immediately following up with a ranking of his/her own. Hypocritical much? :lol:

Good luck to everyone in central state and your World Series/Nationals!
Beast_30

by FPDad00 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:49 pm

NSA Central 10u at Indy Sports Park

1. Champion Indiana Gators '02, 12-1 over
2. Hoosier Crush
3. Red Storm '02
4. Indy Crush
FPDad00

by #32 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Ranking10u wrote:While we are ranking teams lets see who people think are the top 10u players at positions. Top 3 pitchers, Top Catcher, Top 1st, 2nd, 3rd baseman, and shortstop, Top outfielders. Anyone willing to dive itnto this.

Here are my picks
Top pitchers
1. Gators Ace
2. Mafia Ace
3. Terror Ace

Catcher
Mafia Girl

Infield
3rd base
1. Gators girl
1. Mafias girl

Shortstop
1.Xplosion 02 girl

2nd base
1. Mafia Girl also plays center
L
1st base
Mafia Real tall Girl

Outfielders
Left Field -Gators Girl
Center Field- Mafia Girl that I said before
Right Field- big toss up

You all need to step back and find reality? Ranking players at any level is plain dumb, but 10U? Seriously?

Dads, enjoy this time watching your DD play and stop worrying about rankings. Enjoy, the time goes by faster than you'll believe.

by sporter » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Red Storm Classic

1) Red Storm 02'
2) HSE Cats Johnson
3) Indiana Diamond Batz
4) Edgewood Bulldogs
sporter

by Clay » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:49 pm
Re: Who are the top 10U teams for 2012-13
NSA Central 10u at Indy Sports Park

1. Champion Indiana Gators '02, 12-1 over
2. Hoosier Crush
3. Red Storm '02
4. Indy Crush

I dont know who the girl is but she subs with the shockwaves and pitches. I have seen her twice. Against the indy crush which was an elimination game and the crush had no answer. She had a good led and the down pour came. Then this past weekend at the red storm classic against the Bulldogs and was doing great in a 0-0 tie until the shockwaves defense had some infield fielding errors in about the 4th inning. Just saying
Clay

by softball65 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:36 pm

I think what you folks who want to rank these players at 10U and 12U will see is that some kids peak early and some peak later. I could name a dozen girls off the top of my head, who I thought were studs at 10u and 12U and now are just middle of the pack. At a young age, the pure athleticism is on display. At 14, 15 years old...all the work starts to show itself and the athleticism alone, is no longer enough to set them apart. See this around the 14u and especially the 16u ages when these girls are coming into their bodies, strength, maturity etc. That's one of the reasons you don't see many coaches watching 14U showcase teams, they know that even in that 1-2 years between 14U and 16U, the girls can change a lot.

Some kids are studs from birth, but what I've seen is the vast majority of these young studs, get caught around 14U. And the late bloomers in particular, they come out around 8th/9th grade and you say "who is that again?". So whose a stud at 12u may not translate AT ALL at 16u. Just my observation confirms dozens of times over.
softball65

by Gator02Coach » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:57 am

Indiana Gators ‘02 have finished the 2013 regular season. We're off to Bowling Green, KY to compete in ASA “A” Nationals next week.

Final records (All stats can be found on Indianagators.com under 2002 tab)

10u record 86-10-1 (winning % = 87%)
12u record 20-13 (winning % = 61%)

Overall record 106-23-1 (winning % = 82%)

15 non rained shortened tournaments this season

12 - Tourney Championships
1 - Runner-up

Out of the remaining 2 tournaments–
o Finished in top 8 of the Carrollton Classic Georgia USFA tourney (7gg) with the best record in our pool of 6 teams with 4 total pools.
• Tournament format prevented us from competing for Championship
o Tied for 5th place in Stingrays.

Out of the ten – 10u losses –
- 4 losses were to out-of-state teams
o Average loss by 2.25 (take out the 5 run loss to Lasers and the average is 1.33)
- The 6 in-state losses were by an average of 1.8 runs

Mafia Red record 70-22-2

I congratulate the Red Mafia for a good season and for their USFA State tourney win.

However one tourney does not define a team. It’s the total body of work. In our worst Indiana tournament we finished 2nd. Consistency is the true measuring mark for great teams. No team has been as consistent as this team week in and week out since last September. When you examine the facts, in my very biased opinion there is no comparison. At this age for a bunch of 9,10 and 11 year old girls to have this kind of consistency over an entire season is pretty incredible. I congratulate my players and their parents for the incredible amount of hard work, sacrifice and perseverance they put into this year. I was proud and honored to represent this team!

Thank you to everyone who’s supported this team throughout the season and good luck to the rest of the teams who are finishing up their seasons in the coming weeks. Good luck to all 10u teams moving up to 12u next season! It should be fun and I look forward to seeing and competing against all of you. Good Luck!!
Gator02Coach

PreviousNext

Return to IN