Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Winter Sport Zone Tournaments

by WalkOffHomer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:30 am

GoldElite wrote:
Thanks BackwardsK. Looks like you might be one to stir the pot a bit on occasion? Rhetorical question.

We typically use a stir stick. But she uses a blender :lol:
WalkOffHomer

by Comegetsome » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 am

10GatorCoach wrote:
GoldElite wrote:First time watching indoor this winter and was impressed with a 12u team playing so well. Wondering how many pickup players each team had (14u Crush and 12u Gators). Do you think those players on either team had any effect on the outcome?

Congrats to all teams for their performances.

Assuming you are talking Gator team who played 14U. It was a last minute group thrown together to fill the final team slot. There were 8 from Gators 2000 and 2 or 3 from Gators 99 Whitaker.

Crush was all 99 team and 3 from Crush 2000.

You will see many pick ups all winter with bball/volleyball/now Spring Break/Injuries/ect.....
Great place to get some good live practice games through the cold month!!!!!!!

You seem to have all the info 10Gatorcoach - Have you heard what the issue was in the final game in 14's?
"Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance"
Comegetsome

by 10GatorCoach » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Comegetsome wrote:
10GatorCoach wrote:
GoldElite wrote:First time watching indoor this winter and was impressed with a 12u team playing so well. Wondering how many pickup players each team had (14u Crush and 12u Gators). Do you think those players on either team had any effect on the outcome?

Congrats to all teams for their performances.

Assuming you are talking Gator team who played 14U. It was a last minute group thrown together to fill the final team slot. There were 8 from Gators 2000 and 2 or 3 from Gators 99 Whitaker.

Crush was all 99 team and 3 from Crush 2000.

You will see many pick ups all winter with bball/volleyball/now Spring Break/Injuries/ect.....
Great place to get some good live practice games through the cold month!!!!!!!

You seem to have all the info 10Gatorcoach - Have you heard what the issue was in the final game in 14's?

????? I was long gone by that time!!!!!!!!
10GatorCoach

by BackwardsK » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Here is the story:

Gators 2000 had mostly their 12u team and had (3) girls from '99 Whitaker all weekend.

Crush '99 had mostly their 14u team and (2) girls from Crush '00 for pool games and (3) from Crush '00 for tournament.

I don't know how many total was with Gators all weekend. But Crush had 10 each night.

I'm thinking their were some parents and/or players from Gators who thought Crush brought a 3rd for tournament to increase their chances. It was determined Thursday that there would be (2) and then (3) needed for each night.

Admittedly, Crush did play a lot better after pool play. And they used the pickup 12u pitcher for the championship game.

But, like you both have said, it's indoors and the subs probably didn't make that much difference. I'm not here to argue. Just stating the facts.

Bottom line, it was a fun weekend. And all things as they were, all 5 teams were pretty equal in abilities. Which made for some very competitive play...which was fun for all of us to watch.

I didn't personally hear or witness any complaining at Sport Zone. However, I'm sure there were some parents that didn't think the substitutions were "fair".

At least the subs for each team were from their respective organizations.

Spring is upon us. Time to play some real softball.
BackwardsK

Previous

Return to IN