Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

This really is my last post

by coolstuff » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:43 am

I used to be more active here in this forum when my daughter was playing travel ball, but now she's playing at the collegiate level. I once posted here that I had made my last post, but I thought I would just check in and let you know what's going on, and also bid a fond farewell to y'all.

DDs goal was to attend and play ball for a small Christian college, and she got her wish at Anderson University. No athletic scholarships at D3 level, of course, but she received academic scholarships to make it affordable to us (relatively speaking - college is just so darn expensive and we now have two college tuitions to pay for). Her dream of playing college ball has been realized and we are grateful. Anderson has a good team that last year went undefeated in their conference, won the conference tournament, and qualified for the NCAA-D3 regional where they placed 4th. They are returning some good players this season. This month we'll be traveling to Florida to watch her play.

Looking back on this long journey, we are also grateful for the friends we have made and the experiences that we've had. Beginning with rec ball when she was in kindergarten, and transitioning to travel ball when she was 12. The highlight has to be watching her play in the 18U ASA/USA championship where she made a defensive assist at the plate that prevented a run and helped send the game into extra innings, and watch her cross the plate to score the winning run was priceless.

And thanks to heybucket for running this forum and providing a place for sharing information and even venting a little. The softball community nationwide has benefitted.

Already have seen some old travel ball families at some college games, and hope to see more of y'all at the fields.

Take care.
coolstuff

by slapperdad » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 am

I have an assistant coach who played at Anderson, she played multiple sports finishing up with Basketball and Softball. She had a great career at Anderson and got a good education. Good luck, enjoy the rest of the ride.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

Return to IN