Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Spring Slam April 19th-21st (Indy Sports Park

by Tyler Durden » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 pm

ejnine wrote:Saw some despicable coaching this weekend. Actually witnessed a head coach advancing on and threatening a 13 year old kid. Apalling. And no, they didn't toss him.

The TOS for HeyBucket require a poster to name Team Name and Coach Name when making this type of allegation.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BackwardsK » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:12 pm

I saw some pretty despicable things this weekend too.

Lets see:
1) an Almighty '99 team losing to a 12u team in ITB (and was lucky to score the gimme run)
2) a tournament that went way too late in low 30° weather on two nights just so they can get their beer league games in on Sunday (I always thought we paid pretty good money to have the privilege of playing at those facilities. The least they could do would be get the kids home at a decent hour)
3) A headshot on an opposing team's pitcher during her at-bat (was that the 2nd time she was hit?)
4) some pretty crappy concession food (if the girls can play in it, why the heck can't a man work a grill in it...pansies)
5) 2 coaches coming across the field like they were gonna kick someone's rear ends (and, no, they didn't get tossed)
6) several fans from one team dropping the "F" bomb during a controversial time in what was otherwise a great game
(Glad my 6 year old wasn't there to learn some new words)
7) a couple of coaches getting tossed on Sunday morning (great entertainment and follow-up to Saturday night)

Call it all despicable...call it all heat of the moment...call it what you want. But nobody should get on here and over-exaggerate what really happened. In fact, things like this are probably best left off here.

Bottom line, we shouldn't go over the Edge here. Just let the girls play softball.
Last edited by BackwardsK on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
BackwardsK

by GoldElite » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:36 pm

We should probably all follow the coaches "Golden Rule" about communicating a frustration.

Heybucket Rule No. 1: no posting of anything that is not positive, uplifting, or humorous for 48 hours after a tournament weekend.

And for those of you eliminated early on Saturday, this means the official end of the tourney. The timer does not start when your team is eliminated.
GoldElite

by softball65 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:04 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
ejnine wrote:Saw some despicable coaching this weekend. Actually witnessed a head coach advancing on and threatening a 13 year old kid. Apalling. And no, they didn't toss him.

The TOS for HeyBucket require a poster to name Team Name and Coach Name when making this type of allegation.

I agree we probably can leave this kind of thing off of here but just so that there is no mistaking or false indictments, the individual being referred to here has a reputation in keeping with this <above> statement....when losing. In my opinion its best we not mention names and team names because in the end this SHOULD be about the girls, not the coaches and their antics.
softball65

by big blue nation » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:19 am

Congratulations to Indy crush 10u and gators00 on dominating weekends in the respective age groups. Very nice tournaments to both.
big blue nation

by GoldElite » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 am

big blue nation wrote:Congratulations to Indy crush 10u and gators00 on dominating weekends in the respective age groups. Very nice tournaments to both.

Based on the results I saw, I don't think either of these teams improved this past weekend. Maybe it's time for the Gators '00 team to start playing with the big girls?
GoldElite

by ejnine » Fri May 03, 2013 4:50 pm

BackwardsK wrote:I saw some pretty despicable things this weekend too.

Lets see:
1) an Almighty '99 team losing to a 12u team in ITB (and was lucky to score the gimme run)
2) a tournament that went way too late in low 30° weather on two nights just so they can get their beer league games in on Sunday (I always thought we paid pretty good money to have the privilege of playing at those facilities. The least they could do would be get the kids home at a decent hour)
3) A headshot on an opposing team's pitcher during her at-bat (was that the 2nd time she was hit?)
4) some pretty crappy concession food (if the girls can play in it, why the heck can't a man work a grill in it...pansies)
5) 2 coaches coming across the field like they were gonna kick someone's rear ends (and, no, they didn't get tossed)
6) several fans from one team dropping the "F" bomb during a controversial time in what was otherwise a great game
7) a couple of coaches getting tossed on Sunday morning (great entertainment and follow-up to Saturday night)

Call it all despicable...call it all heat of the moment...call it what you want. But nobody should get on here and over-exaggerate what really happened. In fact, things like this are probably best left off here.

Bottom line, we shouldn't go over the Edge here. Just let the girls play softball.

Since you're keeping notes I'll go ahead report facts and not spin.

Point 3.
Headshot? You lean out over the plate and you take your chances. Besides, that girl won't scare anyone with her bat. Why would they hit her to put the tying run on? I'm sure they would've rather struck her out.

Point 5.
And they shouldn't have. It was the other coach who threatened a 13 year old.

Point 6.
The several fans dropping the F Bomb? Fans of the previously mentioned coach in point 5. In fact (again, since you're keeping a list) the umpire had to go ever there and threaten the fans of the team in point 5 with ejection. Yes, the entire group.

Point 7.
Coaches getting tossed... one of them said "damn," and the other said the ump was full of crap when he said he knew what a kid was thinking. Rationalize all you want but I'll take that over a coach who threatens a 13 year old girl.

There you go, K. Don't get Crushed this weekend. (I did it too!)
ejnine

by BackwardsK » Fri May 03, 2013 7:46 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

All of that and you didn't even reference the bad food at the concession? I still have indigestion...from the food...I let the rest of it go 10 days ago :lol:

Thanks for the bulletin board material, lol...
BackwardsK

by big blue nation » Fri May 03, 2013 7:52 pm

I think what was ultimately the final straw that pushed Ejnine over the edge was that a 14u "powerhouse" could not crush a bunch of 12u kids. That is just the word I have heard floating around!!!
Should make for an exciting rematch at hse this weekend.
Hope for some good weather to play ball in. Good luck to all.
big blue nation

by Comegetsome » Sun May 05, 2013 5:26 am

ejnine wrote:
BackwardsK wrote:I saw some pretty despicable things this weekend too.

Lets see:

Since you're keeping notes I'll go ahead report facts and not spin.

Point 3.
Headshot? You lean out over the plate and you take your chances. Besides, that girl won't scare anyone with her bat. Why would they hit her to put the tying run on? I'm sure they would've rather struck her out.

Point 5.
And they shouldn't have. It was the other coach who threatened a 13 year old.

Point 6.
The several fans dropping the F Bomb? Fans of the previously mentioned coach in point 5. In fact (again, since you're keeping a list) the umpire had to go ever there and threaten the fans of the team in point 5 with ejection. Yes, the entire group.

Point 7.
Coaches getting tossed... one of them said "damn," and the other said the ump was full of crap when he said he knew what a kid was thinking. Rationalize all you want but I'll take that over a coach who threatens a 13 year old girl.

There you go, K. Don't get Crushed this weekend. (I did it too!)

Ok, gotta ask........ How did the "other" coach threaten this 13 year old kid????

1) I'm gonna pull your hair out!!!???
2) I'm gonna take your phone away for a week if you hit my daughter in the helmet again?
3) I'm gonna..........

Please explain this threat that was so bad ejnine...

Also, how is the rematches going???? LOL
"Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance"
Comegetsome

Previous

Return to IN