Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

2013 IHSAA State Tournament Talk

by a70290 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:54 pm

this all sounds like the same stuff I read in 2012? 2011? 2010? ect.
a70290

by southernINfan » Tue May 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Charlestown loses to South Dearborn 4-0 in a pitchers duel. Game was scoreless until top of 6th inning.
southernINfan

by slapperdad » Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 am

4A South is going to be a good SS:
Jennings County vs Plainfield
Franklin Central vs. Pendleton

2A South looks interesting as well.
Scecina vs Eastern Hancock
MD vs Providence

On the face of it it looks like a pitching duel between Michelle Rogers and Carolyn Wilmes. Scecina will need to take care of business against Eastern Hancock first. They're a scrappy group who you better not let hang around. I'd love to make the trip to Forrest Park to watch this one, but time will not permit me.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by RetiredDI » Wed May 29, 2013 6:35 pm

a70290 wrote:this all sounds like the same stuff I read in 2012? 2011? 2010? ect.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: agreed!
RetiredDI

by HoosierBBall » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 pm

Good thing Portage beat up on all those little itty bitty schools to pad their stats and get their winning % up. The week competition got the girls ready to play their best. How else do you knock off the #2, 4, and 7 ranked teams enroute to the 4A state championship game. :o Really RetiredDI?
HoosierBBall

by killerbee » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:23 am

Good luck to the Franklin Central girls in the ship. Hopefully coaching doesnt get in their way of winning the big one once again.
Maybe, just maybe, after 28 years she will finally pull one out! Ur thoughts Snoop??? I've only seen one game this year(loss to Cathedral) in which the coaches ran em off the bases! :oops:
FC has had much stronger teams in the past that should've gotten it done.
killerbee

by RetiredDI » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:49 am

HoosierBBall wrote:Good thing Portage beat up on all those little itty bitty schools to pad their stats and get their winning % up. The week competition got the girls ready to play their best. How else do you knock off the #2, 4, and 7 ranked teams enroute to the 4A state championship game. :o Really RetiredDI?

1. weak*
2. I never said playing small schools wouldn't help the girls, playing more games DOES HELP. That's common sense. I did however say that it builds confidence.
3. Cool they knocked off ranked teams, I know PLENTY of schools who did that as well. It's really VERY COMMON. :lol:
4. Maybe I should clarify for those who take things very literal. For example, Greenfield (4A) picked up a game against Knightstown (2A, also a school who had it's FIRST winning season in 3 years - they hadn't wont a single ball game until this season).
5. Some schools such as Eastern Hancock who beat Greenfield and Mt.Vernon in the same day.
6. I don't believe I ever said anything such as "playing small schools will make a larger school suck". Clearly playing more games is very helpful.

The only way FC will lose this game is if their coach gets out coached. They have what it takes to get a victory.
RetiredDI

by OldFarter » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:31 pm

killerbee wrote:Good luck to the Franklin Central girls in the ship. Hopefully coaching doesnt get in their way of winning the big one once again.
Maybe, just maybe, after 28 years she will finally pull one out! Ur thoughts Snoop??? I've only seen one game this year(loss to Cathedral) in which the coaches ran em off the bases! :oops:
FC has had much stronger teams in the past that should've gotten it done.

Apparently 28 years, 30 some years, whatever it's actually been, has bought her a permanent seat in that position for as long as she wants it. It's sad no one in that school corp in the appropriate positions will have the cohonies to tell her that it's time to hit the road after she's squandered the amount of talent she's had over the years, and will still have in the foreseeable 6-7 years. Unreal....
OldFarter

by Not2nemore » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:59 pm

4A Portage. 3A Tri West. 2A 1A private schools
Not2nemore

by slapperdad » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:28 am

Congrats to all the newly crowned state champs. Big shout out to Fat Guy at 3rd and the Crusaders for winning it all in his rookie season. I'm sure you guys had a hell of a ride, and created some memories that will last a lifetime.

After a couple of weeks off to recharge the batteries, I'm ready to do some drink....errr play some ball. See everyone this weekend. We'll be at CG Lauck, my cooler will be full.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

Previous

Return to IN