Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

NSA Nationals in Peoria

by Zephyr_fan » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:08 am

Way to represent Indiana! 3 Hoosiers teams left to fight for the Championship! Indiana Zephyrs undefeated in the winner's bracket. Hoosier Crush & Indiana Terror battling it out now to play the Zephyrs for the Championship! Way to go, Indiana!
Zephyr_fan

by Zephyr_fan » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:58 pm

NSA World Series Results:
Champions: Indiana Zephyrs win undefeated
Runner Up: Indiana Terror
3rd: Hoosier Crush

Way to represent Indiana!
Zephyr_fan

by HoosierBBall » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Way to fight through that rain. Should've came to Chattanooga. The weather was better.... and so was the competition :o
HoosierBBall

by Zephyr_fan » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Congrats to the teams who represented at NSA "A" nationals as well! Wasn't looking for any kind of backhanded remark here about the level of competition we faced, just some support for all of the Indiana teams who represented well in Illinois.
Last edited by Zephyr_fan on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr_fan

by sporter » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Final
Out of 24 teams
1) Zephyrs
2) Terror
3) Hoosier Crush

Wow! Way to show everyone how good the teams are in Indiana!!!
sporter

by hop2it » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Congrats to the Zephyrs. An impressive group of players, coaches and fans.

I have to weigh in on the Chattanooga vs Peoria comment. We played most of the top 6 finishers at East Peoria. We have also played numerous games vs teams that played at the A Series in Tennessee. In my opinion, there is no discernible difference in talent. East Peoria had 5 or 6 "High B" or "Low A" level teams, and from the looks of it, Chattanooga did as well.

Obviously, some of the TN teams were very strong.
hop2it

by HoosierBBall » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:49 pm

A true competitor seeks out the best competition they can find and challenges themselves when the opportunity presents itself. We would have played in the ASA Nationals if we would have qualified sooner. We earned our bid after parents had already put in vacation requests at work. So before someone questions why we went to Chattanooga instead of Bowling Green, there it is. I just think after reading all the post all season long about "top 10u teams" it was kind of odd to see certain teams at certain end of the season tournaments. IMO, I would take a 5th place at the "A" world series over a 1st at the "B", in the same sentence, I would take a 10th place finish at the ASA Nationals over a 5th place at the "A" World Series. East Peoria is 177 miles from here, Chattanooga is 577 miles from here. Both were held during the same dates, we chose to take a little farther drive in order to play what we felt was tougher competition. I'm sure most coaches that are in it for the development of their players would agree. For a team that has been together for less than a year and has less than 60 games together, our girls held their heads up and walked out of Camp Jordan proudly with a 5th place finish.
HoosierBBall

by Sackett13 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Congrats to the Zephyrs...they looked sharp & earned their title! I would also like to add what a nice group of girls they are. My daughter made several new friends last week. A or B, let's be happy Indiana was well represented! Best of luck to all on their upcoming seasons. Terror had a fun year.
Sackett13

by Beast_30 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Indiana was definitely well represented everywhere they went, congrats on a great 10U season to all of you!
Beast_30

by Nsablue » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:20 am

hammer,hammer,hammer, thats all i am going to say!!
Nsablue

Next

Return to IN