Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

TOP 16U TEAMS

by Yobucket » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Coming out of the fall - who has the clubhouse lead at 16u.
Yobucket

by RetiredDI » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Yobucket wrote:Coming out of the fall - who has the clubhouse lead at 16u.

If you're going off scholarships and verbals.

Dreams Bell has 3 committed (verbal) to D1

Unsure of the others, haven't had a chance to see them play.
RetiredDI

by slapperdad » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:17 am

RetiredDI wrote:
Yobucket wrote:Coming out of the fall - who has the clubhouse lead at 16u.

If you're going off scholarships and verbals.

Dreams Bell has 3 committed (verbal) to D1

Unsure of the others, haven't had a chance to see them play.

My DD's team had four D1 recruits last summer, including a pitcher. They beat one team all summer that was worth a shit. So in my opinion, judging how good a team is by D1 recruits is a lousy gauge.

I apologize for the PM, I hit the wrong button, I hate this new format.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by SBradley » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:50 am

Danielle - since you are the now foremost Dreams (bell) expert. Can you please name the 3 players that have committed to play softball at D1 institutions.

Going off scholarships does not constitute greatness. Coaching greatness is the true talent. And that is why Dreams (bell) will end up in the middle of pack. They lack good coaching.
SBradley

by slapperdad » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:53 am

RetiredD1, you seem to place a lot of emphasis on "D1". When we were going through the process there were some D1 offers, but my only advice to my DD was find the right fit for you, which to this point I think she did, but it wasn't at a D1 institution. My questions for you are:
1. Is D1 the be all end all gauge as to whether you're a good player?
2. Does playing D2, NAIA, or god forbid D3 automatically make you a lesser player?
3. Does accepting a scholarship automatically make you a D1 player?
4. I've looked around and I can't find your name on any D1 rosters, based on your advertising, I find that puzzling, could you point us all to your D1 stats?
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by RetiredDI » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:45 am

SBradley wrote:Danielle - since you are the now foremost Dreams (bell) expert. Can you please name the 3 players that have committed to play softball at D1 institutions.

Going off scholarships does not constitute greatness. Coaching greatness is the true talent. And that is why Dreams (bell) will end up in the middle of pack. They lack good coaching.

I never claimed to be an expert lol but I do give lessons to some of Bell's girls and I also help him out at his lessons. But if you read any of his posts where he is looking for another player, in the heading it says (3 verbal D1) of something very close to that.

Trust me I know scholarships don't constitute greatness. And to even hint towards saying Craig rides off talent is a really sad statement. Simply because you and I know how wrong that it. But that's okay you can make all the negative claims you would like about Bell's team that is YOUR opinion. Do I really care what you think? Not really :)
RetiredDI

by RetiredDI » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:51 am

slapperdad wrote:RetiredD1, you seem to place a lot of emphasis on "D1". When we were going through the process there were some D1 offers, but my only advice to my DD was find the right fit for you, which to this point I think she did, but it wasn't at a D1 institution. My questions for you are:
2. Does playing D2, NAIA, or god forbid D3 automatically make you a lesser player?
4. I've looked around and I can't find your name on any D1 rosters, based on your advertising, I find that puzzling, could you point us all to your D1 stats?

1. It's not a gauge as to whether you're a good player, it is however a gauge to say "I can complete at the highest level" and that is something to be proud of.
2. Let's not put words in my mouth especially since I never said nor mentioned anything about those divisions
3. Yes. When you sign your letter or verbal it gives you the RIGHT to say "I am a D1 player" does that mean they are automatically starting material when they sign that NLI? Hell no. That would be idiotic to believe that.
4. I can however point you out to my name, RETIRED - if you're struggling with that concept. It means I no longer play. By my choice? No. 3 surgeries ended my career sooner than I dreamed of. There for my name wouldn't be on a roster.... and I find it VERY hard to believe you've already search 1300+ schools... if you have... WOW! :shock:
RetiredDI

by slapperdad » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:02 am

RetiredDI wrote:
slapperdad wrote:RetiredD1, you seem to place a lot of emphasis on "D1". When we were going through the process there were some D1 offers, but my only advice to my DD was find the right fit for you, which to this point I think she did, but it wasn't at a D1 institution. My questions for you are:

1. It's not a gauge as to whether you're a good player, it is however a gauge to say "I can complete at the highest level" and that is something to be proud of.
2. Let's not put words in my mouth especially since I never said nor mentioned anything about those divisions
3. Yes. When you sign your letter or verbal it gives you the RIGHT to say "I am a D1 player" does that mean they are automatically starting material when they sign that NLI? Hell no. That would be idiotic to believe that.
4. I can however point you out to my name, RETIRED - if you're struggling with that concept. It means I no longer play. By my choice? No. 3 surgeries ended my career sooner than I dreamed of. There for my name wouldn't be on a roster.... and I find it VERY hard to believe you've already search 1300+ schools... if you have... WOW! :shock:

1. Fair enough, though we may have to agree to disagree.
2. I never put words in your mouth, but in looking at several of your posts and your team ad, you seem to place great emphasis on D1 and throw that term around quite a bit. Leaving myself to conclude that basically if you're not a D1 player you ain't nothing. That's the reason I asked the question.
3. Say I get me a job as a security guard at NASA and I get fired on the first night for taking a nap out behind the shuttle. 35 years later slingin Slurpees and filling coffee pots, I retire from the local Piggly Wiggly, I'm going with Retired NASA.
4. I have no struggle with the concept of retired. My point being you advertise yourself as a D1 slapper, not only on here but in your hitting instruction business, though I notice the team ad has been edited. Yet as far as I can tell, you never stepped on a D1 field, other than a handful of practices. Look, you can call yourself whatever you want, I really don't care. But don't get on a public forum and paint a rosy picture, and not expect someone to call BS. And no, for the record I didn't search 1300+ schools, there are some really easy search tools available today.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by SBradley » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:02 am

RetiredDI wrote:

“RAINBOWLAND IS NOT REAL! IT'S NOT REAL!”

"That just Happpened!!"

"Stay Classy retired D1"

“You’re my assistant. You’re supposed to back me up and go get me juiceboxes whenever I want. Now go get me a juicebox!”'

“DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNIN' AND SAY, ‘I'M PUTTIN ON MY BIG BOY PANTS. LOOK, I'M WEARIN' A BELT. I GOT BIG BOY PANTS ON.’"
SBradley

by afastpitchfanatic » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:59 am

All I could find on Danielle Minchin was that she intended to go to IUPUI in the fall of 2010, but she isn't on the roster. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for that (injury, etc.). Then, it looks like she transferred to Midway, Kentucky....an NAIA, as an outfielder for two seasons. She would, by grad date and roster dates, be in her fourth year of college this year. She isn't on this year's roster for Midway.
There is nothing wrong with your experience, so I guess we don't understand why you would use that as a screen name and inflate your image to prospective players in your active/eteamz advertisement. You mentioned being a former D1 player in that public forum, as well. You're saying it in the context of having done it for yearrrrrrrrs...when that simply isn't so.
afastpitchfanatic

PreviousNext

Return to IN