Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Blueberry fest

by slapperdad » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:45 pm

No one has covered the important part of the Blueberry Festival.

Can someone please give a full report on the Pork Chop sandwiches and the Blueberry Cheese Cake? God you people are killing me, you need to get your priorities straight!
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Amish_TB » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:49 pm

dailyjoy wrote:What were your thoughts on the USA Preps Showcase? Was it worth attending? Would you recommend it for teams and individuals next year?

For a first timer 14U team, it was fun. The camp probably is a little pricey ($250 for the day). However the All-Star game is really a lot of fun ($100). Overall, the tournament is worth going to. It is right on the edge of worth it or not. I think the cost is $695 for 5 games. All of the games we played were against solid competition. I think for National Level Teams the competition level was a little light. My team is a State Level team - so for us - it was a good fit.

Good:
Competition level for State/Regional level teams
Having College Coaches in attendance and helping out your team at the game
One complex to play at
The event stayed on track and was well organized

Bad:
Bathrooms on the external fields (7 and 8) were horrible
Concessions were very average and took forever to order
Parking was not very efficient and took too long
Fields (7 and 8) are not very good and no warm up areas for those fields
One umpire per game... Really?

Would I take a team there again? Yes...
Amish_TB

by dailyjoy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:18 pm

slapperdad wrote:No one has covered the important part of the Blueberry Festival.

Can someone please give a full report on the Pork Chop sandwiches and the Blueberry Cheese Cake? God you people are killing me, you need to get your priorities straight!

Now slapperdad my post speaks of friends and family and yours...... food??? Hmm who has their priorities straight ?????

Glad to see you are still willing to help the rest of us stay focused even though your little girl is now playing with the big girls in college. :D

Thanks for the report Bill
dailyjoy

by slapperdad » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Come on Joy, throw me a bone, at least tell me about the pork chop sandwiches!
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by TravelINDad99 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:34 am

softball_fan13 wrote:( there were A LOT of bad calls though by umps and the umps kept taking time away from the game going over their rule book, had they not wasted at LEAST 20-30min doing that, NWI possibly could have had enough time to come back) .............. NWI Attitudes 2nd baseman bobbled a lot of balls that could have easily been outs, why they didn't take her out and put someone else at 2nd is beyond me.

:?

A leader is not someone who will do good and look down at others; a leader is someone who will do good and help others who can't.
TravelINDad99

by softball_fan13 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:31 am

Are you insinuating I have an ax to grind? Lol. I assure you I don't. Sunday is the only day my family and I were able to go and watch some games. We also watched Cpbulldogs99 beat the fire..that was a good game, and the Tidal waves lost to who they played. I do have to say the coach on the Tidal wave is a really nice guy. He was nothing but positive and supportive to his players. The games with NWI just stuck out to me because they were beat by an all star rec team.
softball_fan13

by Dark Angel Coach » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:27 am

Well????? who won? :?
Dark Angel Coach

Previous

Return to IN