Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Blueberry fest

by softball_fan13 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:56 pm

I noticed there are 2 16u teams playing in the 14u tourney and one is a 2nd year 16u. Is this a normal thing for older teams to play down? Why would they want to do this? I mean if they were to win the tourney they get bragging rights that they beat 14u girls?? Why would you want to brag about that? ;)
softball_fan13

by Iconic Wisdom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Who's the second year 16u? I know the Tidal Wave are a first year 16u team. This tournament has always been a way for the teams moving up in their age group to stay down and "trophy hunt" and honestly that doesn't bother me because if you are a second year team in your age group then you have more than likely just seen that team that is just moving up within the past few months...but I wasn't aware of a second year 16u in the tournament.
Iconic Wisdom

by softball_fan13 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Indiana Ambush. This will be their 2nd year as 16u. I just don't see the fairness in it if they play a 14u team that JUST moved up from 12u
softball_fan13

by Iconic Wisdom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:21 pm

There are 3 different ambush teams I thought. Theres a 16u (this will be there 2 year) , 14u (might be moving up but they were 14u last year) and 12u (might be moving up to 14u)...so I think it's one of the younger 2...
Iconic Wisdom

by softball_fan13 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:30 pm

There are...but on playnsa the 14u team has 14u after the name 16u doesn't so I am just assuming its the 16u team playing because on the brackets it just says Indiana Ambush...but I could be wrong.
softball_fan13

by dailyjoy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Would someone mind posting a schedule. We go to the festival every year and I try to catch a few games while there.
dailyjoy

by softball_fan13 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:04 pm

All times are EST

Triple Crown Threat and J Shock play Friday at 6:30pm EST winner plays edwardsburg flash @ 11:00 AM Saturday

NWI Attitude and Indiana Ambush play Friday at 8:00pm EST winner plays SB Tidal wave @12:30pm Saturday

Indiana Fire plays Harris Heat Hybrids Saturday @8:00am winner plays N.Liberty Lightning @2:00pm

Crown POint 99 plays Plymouth Fusion @ 9:30 AM Saturday winner plays Angola all-stars @3:30
softball_fan13

by Playmaker » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:27 am

If you are a team who is looking to be taken serious, then you should never enter the Blueberry festival softball tournament. If you want to go there to get a fried Oreo, thats one thing. But to enter this tournament screams we are a lame B- team and we want everyone to know it! :o

It's really a shame to see what the Crown Point 99 team has shrunk to in a period of two years. They were battling with the A-liners just months ago. Now they are hanging out at the Blueberry festival with all the other elephant ears.
Playmaker

by softball_fan13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:37 am

Playmaker wrote:If you are a team who is looking to be taken serious, then you should never enter the Blueberry festival softball tournament. If you want to go there to get a fried Oreo, thats one thing. But to enter this tournament screams we are a lame B- team and we want everyone to know it! :o

It's really a shame to see what the Crown Point 99 team has shrunk to in a period of two years. They were battling with the A-liners just months ago. Now they are hanging out at the Blueberry festival with all the other elephant ears.

I see nothing wrong with doing the Blueberry festival....a few coaches I know use it as a "practice" especially if they have new girls on the team, to see what they are capable of and what needs to be addressed before the BIG tourneys.
softball_fan13

by Iconic Wisdom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:21 am

Playmaker wrote:If you are a team who is looking to be taken serious, then you should never enter the Blueberry festival softball tournament. If you want to go there to get a fried Oreo, thats one thing. But to enter this tournament screams we are a lame B- team and we want everyone to know it! :o

This doesn't even make sense...first off this post directly contradicts your other post where you state the Tidal Waves as a TOP 16u team in the other thread and since they are entered in the Blueberry Fest then by your logic they MUST be a LAME B-Team...last year the Tidal Waves and the older Illinois Outlaws were both in the Fest and I would say that both of them could compete with any A team out there...So why come on here and bash a tournament?? Did your team go there and get smoked by one of those LAME B-Teams?? Or do you just like to come on here and Flame other teams/tournaments for no reason? Like Softball Fan said ALOT of teams use this tournament as a way to get their girls out and just play before the BIG tournaments....whats so bad about that? And as far as the Bulldogs99 go...has anyone seen them in a tournament this new season? So how do you know what they have shrunk to? It's funny how somebody creates an account TODAY (PlayMaker) then just gets on here and starts bashing tournaments/Teams...sounds to me like you have an agenda....I wonder how many accounts on here you have?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.. :o :roll: :oops: :? :shock: :o
Iconic Wisdom

Next

Return to IN