Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Blueberry fest

by Iconic Wisdom » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:33 pm

Playmaker what you are failing to answer and keep avoiding is the intent of this original argument....You claim ANYONE who plays in this tournament is a LAME B ball team yet the Outlaws/Raiders team that you keep defending played in this tournament last year thus making them a LAME B ball team (your words not mine) .... Also how did you look up the addresses of everyone on that team?? I'm not doubting you at all about where they live I am just curious.

Travel Dad I'm glad you like making the extra trip and going across the border...that works for some...my point and the point that Playmaker doesn't seem to get is that very few of these girls are going to get a D1 scholarship ...there is nothing wrong with having a good program and competing at a high level but not being that "elite" team... Like I have said before I agree with you that we have way to many B Teams and way to many daddy ball teams but to label all the teams going into a tournament as Lame B ball teams because of their tournament selection is a little presumptuous... NOW if at the end of the year you pull their tournament record and they didn't play a predominately A ball schedule then yeah the you can call them out because I am a full believer in challenging the girls and always trying to make them play up .. I think we are ALL saying the same thing here just taking different paths to it
Iconic Wisdom

by 99softball » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:52 am

Well its been awhile sense I have posted on here but saw this discussion, and thought it was time. I really would have to agree that the Crown Point Bulldogs 99 have dropped from being a competitive "A" team to a straight up classified "B" team. From what I heard they got there butt handed to them last week from Bakers team which is a first year 14u and the CP99's should be standing out they are a second year 14u team. All I can say is he made his Team now play with what you got!!! And playmaker is correct, because I have heard the same thing and that is that the Outlaws team everyone is also talking about all there players but "1" are from Indiana. So I will borrow a phrase from Iconic wisdom, it does look like (The Grass Really is Greener on the other side.) And from what I have heard the Cp99 lost 3 of there own players from last years team to head over the boarder to Illinois. So it does look like that is the place to go.
99softball

by Playmaker » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:19 am

Ironic Wisdom - I have to give you credit. You definitely have a death grip on that one question.
OK, here is your answer. Yes, IMO, it was not a good tournament for the Outlaws to select last year, because it didn't meet their overall goals of A) Seeking the best competition, or B) Getting their girls showcased.

There, you can let go of that one point you have. (BTW, I think they call what you've done with this topic, not seeing the forest for the trees.)

I wanted to share something from another website I read this morning. This is what the mindset is from an Illinois websites point of view. This is how much they respect what's going on in Northern Indiana.

Here is a legitimate Top 10- Chicago suburbs and Northwest Indiana

Sparks
N.L. Lightning
Wasco Diamonds
Beverly Bandits Premier
Illinois Hawks
Oak Park Windmills
Northern Ice
Lake County Liberty
Lisle Bull Sox Academy
Kane County X-Plosion

Where's all the Northern Indiana love?

Seriously, I really don't care who is on this list or who's not. But you can see Northern Indiana gets zero respect from a population that's definitely within our demographics to be battling with on a weekly basis. But, I bet there are Indiana girls on most of these teams listed.

TravelINDad99 stated he has taken his daughter to Illinois and is happy there. He also went on to mention that IHO Baker of Sox, Lisa of Phoenix, and Bill of Heat are trying to head the right direction. I don't know if Bill has an Heat "organization" that could support what Northern Indiana needs, but maybe he will build it if you as a community goes.

It sounds like those are the three programs that "we" as the softball community in Northern Indiana need to start supporting, if your daughters have the desire to play softball in college, and you wish to stay in Northern Indiana to play, you should flood these organizations try outs.
Playmaker

by justwatching » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:45 am

What's the update Bill on the Blueberry Festival
justwatching

by dailyjoy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:41 am

Why is the blueberry tournament worth playing? what other tourney can the team lay out a bunch of blankets and chairs, have a picnic, and watch an amazing firework show together? It is a great time for family and friends to catch a game and spend time together.

Does anyone know the results?
dailyjoy

by softball_fan13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:47 am

I'm not sure what the results are I was only there on Sunday,but we watched the Angola All Star team beat NWI Attitude ( there were A LOT of bad calls though by umps and the umps kept taking time away from the game going over their rule book, had they not wasted at LEAST 20-30min doing that, NWI possibly could have had enough time to come back) then NWI Attitude beat Jshock right after, not letting them score at all. And we watched the game at night between NWI Attitude and Indiana Ambush while NWI started off strong something happened and they lost to Ambush. NWI Attitudes 2nd baseman bobbled a lot of balls that could have easily been outs, why they didn't take her out and put someone else at 2nd is beyond me.
softball_fan13

by dailyjoy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Thank you for the update on how NWI attitude played. Does anyone else know how the other teams played? Who ended up winning and what order did the teams finish in? Just curious to see how well Bill called it.
dailyjoy

by Amish_TB » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:51 am

I don't know how it all turned out. My understanding was that CP99 was playing Flash in Championship. Tidalwave finished 3rd and Indiana Fire finished 4th.

Bill
Amish_TB

by Amish_TB » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:56 am

justwatching wrote:What's the update Bill on the Blueberry Festival

We were playing at USA Preps Showcase in Indy. Had to text all my contacts to find out results.

Bill
Amish_TB

by dailyjoy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:03 pm

What were your thoughts on the USA Preps Showcase? Was it worth attending? Would you recommend it for teams and individuals next year?
dailyjoy

PreviousNext

Return to IN