Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

ASA Softball is Returning to Northern Indiana!

by Indiana Youth ASA » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:08 am

We are bringing ASA softball back as a strong option for teams in Northern Indiana. We are finalizing our 2014 schedule and should have it posted on www.indianaasasoftball.org as soon as it is finalized. We are looking to do 1 tournament a month with maybe more options in the summer months. If we can get enough interest in this I might be able to bring back the USA/National Qualifier to the Northern Region as well. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me at IndianaYouthASA@gmail.com and I will be happy to talk to you. So keep checking the website for the tournaments and support ASA so we can keep giving Northern Indiana options for their teams!
Indiana Youth ASA

by HoosierBBall » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:37 pm

I find it amazing that Nationals will be in Bloomington, In and there are no tourneys listed in Indiana. Get the tourneys listed before everyone gets sucked into PGF by de facto. Thanks.
HoosierBBall

by 10GatorCoach » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Indiana's ASA Qualifiers are the same weekends every year in June/July. They are also posted around the first of the year each year after the ASA Convention. Check last years dates and you will have a great idea of when they will be next Summer. ASA not big in IN at the younger age groups in IN.
10GatorCoach

by Indiana Youth ASA » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 am

There are tournaments listed herehttp://gfp.tournamentasa.com/57/ ..you can register and everything at the site. We need to promote this and bring ASA back to the our state. Any questions or comments feel free to email me at IndianaYouthASA@gmail.com and I will answer any and all questions.
Indiana Youth ASA

by river rat » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:23 pm

only three qualifiers for the whole state again for ASA/USA nationals. Illinois metro's had one every weekend this fall it seemed. somebody needs to let NWI teams earn bids in Illinois metro's before they lose the whole corner of the state to PGF
river rat

by TravelINDad99 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 pm

You will find much more solid competition there...several of our NWI "A" teams frequent the Metro's. So I would agree that maybe the Metro's should open the door to some of our Indiana teams, at least NWI.

Chicago Metro ASA
A leader is not someone who will do good and look down at others; a leader is someone who will do good and help others who can't.
TravelINDad99

by Indiana Youth ASA » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:41 pm

It may "seem" like Metro's was giving away ASA/USA Nationals berths every weekend but that isn't true. Every Region is only allowed a certain amount of USA Qualifiers, it doesn't matter what they post on their site for qualifiers (as many tournaments directors MISTAKENLY say they have a USA qualifier but in reality they do not...then we as commissioners get the complaints from the teams who were misled) ... We are trying to bring back a USA qualifier to the the Northern part of the state but we need interest. We need the teams to support Indiana ASA in this part of the state....I'm working hard to get tournaments back here again, like I have said I have a few tournaments already in Hobart on the website..we need to get teams in those tournaments...

See you all on the diamonds!
Indiana Youth ASA

by HoosierBBall » Thu May 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Just curious on how the Indiana teams are going to qualify for nationals with a limited amount of tournaments. The tourney in Hobart that we were suppose to play in just fell through due to lack of teams. After making up the vast majority of our schedule with ASA tournaments, it looks like there's no interest by other teams to play in these tournaments. Without the teams, there's no tournaments.... with out the tournaments, there's no bids. How will the Indiana teams that choose to play ASA get a national bid?
HoosierBBall

by Yobucket » Fri May 02, 2014 6:14 am

Hobart is a Northern National Qualifier. Those are a dime a dozen. If you really want to go to that National, just call up Cindy and she will give it to you. That simple. BTW. Indiana's non USA/ASA qualifiers have never been that successful. If you would have played indoors you could have "earned" your berth to the always challenging Northern ASA National.
Yobucket

Return to IN