Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Worth Classic Showcase No Refund is this true ???

by SnapDown1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:27 pm

afastpitchfanatic you must be talking with the people that are associated with Midwest. To say people are ok with it ,,,,YOUR CRAZY! I am not so sure they didn't post the NO REFUND after they saw it maybe a rain out. They never had that rule in place since it started... The only thing I can think of is they see the end is near when these new facilities are built so they are getting all they can now. Midwest will probably go to all slowpitch when the new facilities are open because most slowpitch teams will not care if they keep the money as long as the bar is open..
SnapDown1

by Dark Angel Coach » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 am

I heard Chris Estep (Roundtrippers) is working with them on the baseball side, and The Magic from Rochester on the softball side.(rumor)
Nothing has been confirmed, but I would love for that place to do it the right way and put that other place out of the Showcase Tournament business. :D
Oh......still no refund.

And no it's not alright that they keep all the money from the Worthless Showcase!
We played 1 rain soaked game and it cost our team and Families $700-$800
Dark Angel Coach

by Softball_Parent_72 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:27 am

Nice to see ASA has already booked a tournament at the fields in Westfield. I believe the 14U Indiana State Games are being held there. There are only 6 softball fields shown on the layout. I am not sure it will really takeover softball tournaments. Hopefully it will draw USFA and NSA but it will not be a huge ASA location because ASA typically needs more fields than 6. PGF will stay at Midwest just because of the state director and his association with Midwest. That is unfortunate because it will hold PGF back from growing in Indiana IMO.
Softball_Parent_72

by afastpitchfanatic » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:32 pm

SnapDown1 wrote:afastpitchfanatic you must be talking with the people that are associated with Midwest. To say people are ok with it ,,,,YOUR CRAZY! .

In my original post, I mentioned the improvement to diamond #2. My DD jacked her knee sliding into home plate on that diamond 4-5 years ago. Parents always complained about it, and Midwest eventually fixed it. We appreciated it being fixed. After years of Friday night pool play games, we didn't have a Friday night pool game this fall. Is that because they have two more diamonds? Idk, maybe it's just luck. Call me crazy ( :D ), but I appreciated not making three trips to Indy. I didn't feel right about complaining without giving a little bit of credit.

I was just trying not to be a complete b*tch, which I can be.....just ask anyone that knows me. (I'm trying to work on it, and now I am getting someone saying I'm crazy for NOT being my usual me. :lol: ) I agree with every complaint that's been mentioned here, as far as the complex goes. This is my DD's 7th year playing at Midwest. The complex may be bad, but it isn't the worst. I don't need to be talking to people from Midwest to feel that way.

(DD played at Ohio State U for their Stingrays Invitational a couple of years and had to play on their campus intramural fields. No fences, hilly outfields, no dugouts, porta potties only, no concessions, and PAID parking,...so, I don't think Midwest is horrible. In Columbus (not at Lincoln Park), we had to play at a high school where the porta potties were full BEYOND the rim.....in 95 degree heat with flies everywhere. I guess my expectations aren't as high after being some of the places we've been.)

The no refund bit is pretty crappy, but that's the first time that's ever happened (one and done) to us anywhere we've ever played. I thought that rule about refunds was common? I'm pretty sure I've seen that rule in other sanctions' websites where they post tournaments and I've seen it with other host sites besides Midwest. If I'm wrong, though, it wouldn't be the first time. Normally, DD's team has been able to at least get a single elimination in, etc. So, one time over the years doesn't seem so bad for the people I've spoken with. It doesn't mean we LIKE it. Wayyyyyyy too expensive for one game, I agree. Money doesn't grow on trees around here, either, so I'm not trying to minimize the situation. Just saying that the other parents that I spoke to and myself, weren't so mad that we harped on our coach to pursue the refund. If coach decides he wants to complain, we would back him, of course. I support all of you that are upset, too....I just recalled reading the fine print beforehand and figured that it would support Midwest's decision not to refund. Forecast was horrible all week, which made me read the rules. Hubby and I thought it should have been cancelled beforehand, since there were so many out of town teams with additional hotel expenses. So, I do hope money can be recovered.

The part that I felt was especially unfair was paying for a weekend pass, getting rained out.........then, playing there again the next weekend and being told I had to buy another pass. That was over the top.
afastpitchfanatic

Previous

Return to IN