Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Worth Classic Showcase No Refund is this true ???

by SnapDown1 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:59 am

I hear that teams that paid to play in the Worth at Midwest will get NO REFUND. These teams paid $500 each for team entry and parents paying gate fees of $10 -15 each. It sounds like each team got one game for the cost of around $600 or $700. That doesn't even factor in outside cost if you stayed in a hotel because you were from out of town. I can see them keeping some of the money to cover cost or crediting you for a future tournament there, but every penny. If I didn't know he was in jail I would think Ponzi schemer Bernard Madoff was involved. :lol: What is your take on them keeping all the entry money?
SnapDown1

by Dark Angel Coach » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:45 am

They should call it ''The Worthless Showcase" :lol:
I'm checking with my DD Head Coach to see if we are getting any money back, we played one game on a really wet field!
They make all that money and don't know how to work on the fields!
They were putting floor dry on the diamonds to soak up the water, they had one, (1) I repeat 1 little girl in the downstairs concession stand running by herself!....there was about 25 people in line.
I hope the Westfield Complex puts them out of business.
Dark Angel Coach

by Dark Angel Coach » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:27 pm

I wanted to give an update on the Worthless Showcase refund......nothing, nada, zip,
They won't even return my Daughter's Coaches emails.

Please think twice before entering at this Facility.
Dark Angel Coach

by BellaJean » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:24 am

My Daughter played a poorly managed tourney there this month too. If our coaches and dads hadn't stepped up to ready the fields, my daughter or her teammates would have been injured playing on the fields in that condition. Even their own umps called games. We have been lucky to avoid playing there and after our experience, trust me when i say it would have to be a golden opportunity to get us back to that site. Stay away!!!
BellaJean

by Dark Angel Coach » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:42 am

All they care about is the money!.......They have no idea on how to prepare the fields.
They have one entrance that gets backed up every day.
They never have enough people working the gate, concession stand, fields etc.....
NOT A FAN!
So far still no refund!!!!
1 game for $500
Dark Angel Coach

by Comegetsome » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Same for us..... No refund... :evil:
"Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance"
Comegetsome

by afastpitchfanatic » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Most of the people I've heard talking about the Worth weekend are fine with them keeping the money. We know the rules when we sign up. Happy? No. But, upset? Nah. It's just we wish it would be put towards the facility. Mom's want updated bathrooms....the bathrooms are bad. Nets would be a huge plus.....
On the flip, I remember when diamond #2 was astroturf or something for kickball. Whatever it was, it was dangerous. That was fixed. Also, two more diamonds have been put in. Midwest has always been one of our favorite places to play because it's close to home and has some great tournaments/exposures. There's always room for improvement, though, as with anything else.
afastpitchfanatic

by Softball_Parent_72 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:05 am

@fastpitchfanatic - I am not sure i would qualify the rolling hills across the street from the main fields as softball fields. Those fields remind me of centerfield in Minute Maid Park in Houston. What's next, a flag pole in the field of play? Don't get me started with the yardage marker (from the golf course) that's in the outfield of one of the fields. In all seriousness, Midwest is a a mess. The preparation that went on during the Monster Mash was not good. Six workers for 8 fields with 45 teams waiting was ridiculous. Putting oil dry on the fields instead of field dry is questionable as well. Why it performs a similar function it's definitely not the same.

The concessions, restrooms, the front gate and the field management are all issues that need to be addressed. The problem is people still show up. Kind of like the Cubs, why get better if the fans still show up. :-) For them to keep the fee from the Worth(less) Showcase is not acceptable if they're not going to make positive changes. It would be good for some of the people who run Midwest to read this posting......if they even care.
Softball_Parent_72

by Fuddrules » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Parent 72

What you say is true. How many of you have tried to get in first thing in the morning? People end up crashing the place because they have 1 money collector for a few hundred people. Then they come flying out of the shack to try and stop you. Just blow by and don't pay.

1 to 2 people for a Line that's out the door for concessions. Girls have to wait 45 min to get anything.

Bathrooms stink worse than porta potties

Fields that have so much sand near the bases that once we had a low throw to 1st. 1st basemans glove went 3" deep in the sand. Umpired ruled safe (prob a good call) but the first baseman lift her glove up with the ball? It looked like a submarine surfacing. Catch or not? Who knew? Ball was in the glove that was buried in the sand

They tried one year to make us play when the guy lining the field was sinking 3" into the field due to too wet conditions. Both coaches said they weren't playing. They said play. We started taking pictures of the field. They then told us, ok the game is delayed. Ya think?

The "new" fields are on a former golf coarse. I'm surprised they don't have a sand trap in center field. But the hills in the oufield look like the foothills to the smoky mountains.

But hey, you can always eat at the fish bowl. :lol:
Fuddrules

by fanofthegame5 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Does anybody have softball info as it relates to Grandpark which is under construction just 30 mins north of Midwest. There are so many complaints about Midwest - and must say I am not a fan either - I am curious if Grandpark will displace it?

Grandpark.org

Brand new, currently under construction, is absolutely HUGE. Of course maintenance and game day prep cannot be reviewed yet as it will not host until 2014. Does anyone know if a softball org has partnered with grandpark? I know the Indiana Bulls have done so on the baseball side. What a great opportunity for a softball org to partner, bring quality tournaments and teams to what may be one of the best facilities in the central states.

Info out there from anyone? And does midwest feel threatened by this?
fanofthegame5

Next

Return to IN