Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

12yr old pitcher w/upper arm/shoulder pain

by Ninesdad » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:44 pm

After time off and immobilization, shoulder is not a lot better. So she has an MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning. Doc thinks it could be a possible Labrum tear.
We are keeping our fingers crossed. Hope this will provide some answers.

Ninesdad
Ninesdad

by softball65 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:41 am

Ninesdad wrote:After time off and immobilization, shoulder is not a lot better. So she has an MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning. Doc thinks it could be a possible Labrum tear.
We are keeping our fingers crossed. Hope this will provide some answers.

Ninesdad

I hope you get good news. For what it is worth, I know a gal who very recently pitched for Louisville, who in her final season had a great year, threw lots of inning, but also realized she had a labrum tear. Her issue, was how she threw the ball. She was taught wrong. And I see coaches on the internet, some, who teach this method as well.

I just mention this because when my kid had the shoulder issues, it was 100% due to improper mechanics. Once we fixed it, we averted major shoulder issues I believe. Now that she is throwing right, she never complains of pain.

Please, for her sake, once she is healed and able to pitch again, if she chooses to, take her to someone real good even if you have to travel and pay $200 for the lesson. And have them evaluate her mechanics. I wouldn't tell them anything....just see what they see and what they tell you. Then go get another opinion and another opinion. I went to 3 very well known instructors in 3 different cities and states and very frankly all of them told me something different. But there was a common thread.

Buy Doug Gillis's pitching DVDs. He talks mechanics in detail. And Jennie Finch's DVD about everything she does mechanically. We've adopted her style entirely (every detail) and the difference has been astonishing. What she teaches I believe to be the truest, purest, most bio mechanically sound approach I've seen or heard. People scoff at her but I'm not too proud to imitate someone with that level of consistent success. I've watched and listened to everyone you can think of and I'd say these are the two best sources.

There are lots of "pitching instructors" but I;ve yet to find one that knows it all.
softball65

by Comegetsome » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:59 am

9'sdad,
Sorry to hear that she is still having issues. Please keep us updated.

SB65,
Who are these pitching coaches you are talking about teaching these better/ correct mechanics, besides the two mentioned above? Would love to go to a lesson and see what they teach.
"Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance"
Comegetsome

Previous

Return to IN