Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

High School Transfer

by slapperdad » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:06 am

gc39 wrote:Then I can say I had the .01 percent that was approved by both schools and not granted full time. We actually received full approval from school she left and sent over to ihsaa. Played one game that season went on spring break came back and ihsaa decided she was ineligible for one calendar year dating back to her final game of last season. Someone wrote into ihsaa and complained that she moved for athletic reasons only although this person didn't have to sign name ihsaa went along with it and penalized her. Ironically the following season ihsaa made a rule that you must give name if you send in an accusation right after it. She sat whole season came back for our tourney run as her first game back was sectional semifinals

I know nothing of your situation. That being said, the IHSAA makes the final call. Schools "signing off" is a recommendation. I'm the last person in the world to be defending the IHSAA, however I have been dealing with them for more than 30 years in one capacity or another. I am not aware of any "rule" that has been implemented in that time that states " you must give name if you send in an accusation right after it." As far as I know, the policy has ALWAYS been, they welcome any rules violations tips and will investigate any they receive, so long as the accuser identifies him/herself in the accusation. I have been privy to a couple of investigations in my time involved in high school athletics. They are handled in a timely manner and dealt with.

For the record, here are the the 2014-2015 stats for transfers, from the Executive Board's June minutes:

TRANSFERS
Assistant Commissioner Gardner presented the final totals for transfers that have been processed during
2014‐15.  This report included the following actions: 

Full Eligibility            3614    85.50%
Limited Eligibility          287         6.79%
Temporarily Ineligible    309     7.31%
Ineligible                         17           .40%   
Totals                        4227

Lastly all that being said the rules have changed over the years, with even more rules going into effect July 1 of this year. There is plenty of blame to go around as to why these rules are the way they are, and certainly don't leave out the state legislature and their property tax "fix".
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

Previous

Return to IN