Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

The degradation of youth sports

by slapperdad » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:27 pm

Having been involved in organized sports for 40 years, I see some troubling trends with regards to parents. Speaking specifically to the Softball world, parents you need to understand, the Softball community is a fairly small community. To a large extent everyone knows everyone, even if you think you don't. Word of unruly parents spreads quickly and it will hurt your daughter in the long run. The attached article is a great read for the parent who's kid is aspiring to the next level. And it's not just the next level. Even if you're unhappy with your current team and you're just wanting to move to greener pastures, coaches talk. Be an adult.

Lastly, I know your little diamond diva is going to be the next Jennie Finch. If that's the case, just relax and enjoy the ride with her. There's no reason to make the journey and 10 year long soap opera..

http://softballjourney.com/index.php/quick-hits/142-when-parents-wave-red-flags.html
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Dark Angel Coach » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:04 am

You nailed it right on the head!

I passed over some very talented kids because of a Mom or Dad's behavior!
Dark Angel Coach

by patches » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:45 am

Great article and it is a small world I had more than one coach call this year to ask about players at a tryout and I like that because I believe we are all in this together regardless of what colors you wear .

Mark lloyd
Indiana gators
patches

Return to IN