Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Bat Speed Workout

by Cannonball » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:52 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Why do think your an expert Mr Butler? My anonymity is important to me, nice try! I've never heard of anybody who said they were an expert like that, and I know a few. So your on the internet, wow that's impressive. And even if you were an expert, what does that have to do with me? You want to test my knowledge, shoot away. Tell me expert what you know.

C77, you missed the "ex" in "ex expert." I don't know why I would consider myself an expert at all. I haven't done anything.

Edited to delete stuff that didn't matter anyway.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by tbjd33 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:57 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Why do think your an expert Mr Butler? My anonymity is important to me, nice try! I've never heard of anybody who said they were an expert like that, and I know a few. So your on the internet, wow that's impressive. And even if you were an expert, what does that have to do with me? You want to test my knowledge, shoot away. Tell me expert what you know.

Let me guess- Are you from New Zealand or the united States, I know a great number of players from both countries. Did you play for the US team. Did you play for Canada. Here are some names : Colin Abbott,, Mike Piechnik,, and Mark Smith, Canada's men's coach. Do you know any of these guys? My dad played with Ty Stofflet, have you heard of him? Eddie Feighner, Joan Joyce, or Rosie Black with queen and her court. New Zealand greats- Mike White,Pete Meredith, and Brad Underwood. Do any of these names ring a bell? I'm 32 years old and came up in a softball family, my father owns an Italian restaurant in Chicago. I attended a major D1 University and played softball there, I just got married and practice law in the Chicago area. Most of my good friends were softball players, and I coached college for a short time. I have a great many friends that grew up, played and coached in Indiana. I hope that will give you some insight!

Most important part of your resume.... Yup, the Italian restaurant. LOL!

77 please please stop. I did say post what you like. But it's turned ugly...
tbjd33

by slapperdad » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:14 pm

C77, I think the point in people posting their names, is that they're not keyboard warriors. They're not hurling insults while hiding in Internet anonymity. I don't think they're making assumptions that you would care who they are.

FYI, I grew up in a Bridge family, my parents drug me all over hell's half acre to Bridge games/tournaments when I was really young. Not only do I not know jack shit about Bridge, I don't know anyone's name they played with.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Dark Angel Coach » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Very entertaining! ...now where was i?

Oh yeah, bat speed workout.
When a new student has their first workout, we record their fastest swing of the night. It usually comes at the end of the workout.
I have 3 young girls that have been to 15+ sessions,
Student A, started at 62 mph, her highest speed now is 73 mph . She's 11 yrs old.
Student B, Started at 64 mph, her highest speed now is 74 mph. She is also 11.
Student C, started at 65 mph, high of 76 mph. She's 12.
And her last 2 sessions she has used 2 55oz bats in the workout.
She has gained around 4-5 mph in pitching speed in the last month!

I truly believe in this workout!
And the kids and their Parents do too!

And C77 I have heard and know some history of the names you mentioned early.....because of my Daughter's pitching Coach, Mr. Steve Bunn.
Mr. Bunn played against most of the names you posted.
He said Ty Stofflet (Lefty Legend) was the best Pitcher he ever saw, or tried to hit against! And a little history of him. He has the fastest underhand pitch ever recorded at an astonishing 104.3 mph!

And one more bit of history........Coach Bunn is in the Indiana ASA Hall of Fame.

And I am not an expert, and will never claim to be one!
I see what the best in the world do, and try to copy it!
Again, if anyone would be interested in seeing the workout, or would like to talk further. Here's my name and #
317-319-8104 Boyd Minton 53 yrs young!
Dark Angel Coach

by Dark Angel Coach » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:06 pm

I just wanted to update my earlier post.

Student A who was at 73 is now at 78 mph.
Student B was at 74 is now 75.
Student C was at 76 has now hit 80 mph!

In comparison I worked with a group of girls from a high level Organization last night.
ages 11-16. It was their 1st time doing the workout.
Some were in the upper 50s to 60s, a few were in the 70s, a Junior who hit 14 HRS in her HS and travel season last year hit 80 mph as her fastest swing of the night!
They used the same bat that the 11 and 12 yr old girls used in checking their swing speed.
Text 317-319-8104 if you're interested in learning more. And I'll call and give you more details.
What do you have to lose?
And.....it's not that expensive!
Dark Angel Coach

Previous

Return to IN