Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Bat Speed Workout

by slapperdad » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:18 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Slapperdad, are you kidding!! All UCLA coaches must read, no choice now, John Wooden"s Pyramid of Success. His philosophy permeates every athletic program. Coach wooden's coaching philosophy is ingrained in every athlete and coach on that campus!! Coaching philosophy doesn't matter! We are on two separate planets!

While I don't anticipate applying for any jobs at UCLA, with Coach Wooden being a fellow Hoosier, I doubt there's a coach in the state of Indiana worth his/her salt who's not familiar with Wooden's Pyramid of Success. Me being a man I'm also a big fan of Ron Swanson's Pyramid of Greatness, I would suggest you check it out as well, but being a girl, some of it most likely will be lost.

Once again, the language barrier we seem to have has reared it's ugly head. I'm pretty sure, I agreed that philosophy is important, I have no idea what "coaches I admire" has to do with anything. I am on planet Earth, I live in an English speaking society, USA. In referring to the US, Churchill once said "we are a common people, separated by a common language".
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by slapperdad » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:22 am

Spazsdad wrote:Now please continue with your web gems. We are all quite entertained.

You have no idea how exciting it is for me to open HB and see there's a new post by C77. Of course I'm easily entertained.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:30 am

slapperdad wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Now please continue with your web gems. We are all quite entertained.

You have no idea how exciting it is for me to open HB and see there's a new post by C77. Of course I'm easily entertained.

C77 came into HB looking for a fight and surprise, surprise...she's constantly fighting. :roll:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dark Angel Coach » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:31 am

I'm not sure what happened to my thread?
But it is very entertaining!
Dark Angel Coach

by slapperdad » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Admittedly I haven't interviewed for very many jobs. A couple in my youth, part time minimum wage crap, tell them what they want to hear, have a pulse, you're hired. I've only interviewed for one coaching position, and I wasn't asked much of that stuff. I had the entire program laid out in a typed, bound, manual. They asked me some philosophical questions, they seemed to be really interested in my thoughts on weightlifting and speed and agility training.

I have however interviewed a ton of people, and I have to be honest as someone who's been on the other side of the table in an interview a LOT more than I have been the interviewee, I think most of that stuff is irrelevant. I damn sure never probe or cross examine a person I'm interviewing. I'm pretty good at reading people, I have a spectacular bullshit meter, if you're full of shit, I know it in about 2 minutes.

FYI, in my estimation, Hitler was a GREAT leader. He obviously had some serious issues with playing with others, but look at what he was able to do. Pull Germany out of a depression post WWI, the technological innovations where he put the right people in the right place at the right time, he had vision, and was able to pull off a bunch of it. And before I get blasted for being a Nazi or Hitler lover or whatever, the man was pure evil, and the world was a better place when he left it, but he was a great leader, you can't take that away from him.

As far as coaches I admire, I would guess there aren't many that you've ever heard of, in my 30+ years of being around organized athletics, I've been fortunate enough to see some of the very best ply their craft, right in front of me. I've been even luckier to have gotten to know some of them, and learn from them. Granted every sport has it's own nuances, but coaching is coaching.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:04 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Spazdad and Slapperdad- I will answer Slapperdad, and I suppose your little (me-too-it) can try to comprehend. We all have a belief system, that philosophical mission statement that makes us who we are. (well Spazdad doesn't) When an interviewer probes or cross-examines that philosophical mission statement, she/he would hope to gain some insight on how that person might behave in the future. If I you were to ask a person this question," Whom do you most admire?", and their answer was Hitler, you might ascertain their belief system is of a person you might want to avoid. If I were to ask Spazdad who he most admired, I'm sure it would be Slapperdad, and that says it all.

Slapperdad, The only fight on this forum is in your Sybil like mind.

C77, why do you have such a chip on your shoulder and seem to be always looking for a fight? Can't you get your point across without calling someone names and bashing them? It's obvious that you have some decent knowledge to share, but it just gets lost in your approach.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:48 am

"Spazdad, make you a sandwich, what!"

As with most humor this was lost on you, perhaps if you ask nicely Spaz will type slower. Here's a hint, quit taking yourself so seriously, it's just life, no one gets out alive.

"Spazdad, don't cry,"

Do you see what's going on here.....at all?

"I'll bet you really deserved most of those insults."

Most assuredly!

"Slapperdad, you know and worked with great coaches, really, who!"

You might have noticed when you read what I posted, I stated " I would guess there aren't many that you've ever heard of", maybe not, but it was in there none the less. Once again, that damn language barrier. You might also have noticed that I never said I "worked with" them. Although I did work with them in a sense, I didn't coach with them. Perhaps we should switch to Latin, you seem pretty adept at it, and I'm pretty good with Internet translators. But what the hey, just for shits and giggles, here's a couple of names for you to Google, Donna Sullivan and Bob Clayton.

"Fastpitchdad05, just shut-up, you either don't read all the previous posts or you can't comprehend them."

If we could see some of your report cards from elementary school, I bet "doesn't play well with others" was circled a lot wasn't it. Geez, lighten up Francis, the guy is trying to throw you a bone.

Slapperdad, quoting Winston Churchill? Are you an Oxford man?

I would say fortunately I'm not an Oxford man. Even though Churchill was dead before I was born, I have always found him to be a fascinating figure, as well as a great leader. I've read countless books about him. Even though I'm not an Oxford man, we do get books in Indiana, and I can read, and believe it or not am able to comprehend a fair amount of what I read.

"Success is not final,failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts".

Congrats, you have mastered Google!

"You guys are fun! Softball Gurus all."

Right back at ya sista!
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by artomatic » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:56 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Spazdad and Slapperdad- I will answer Slapperdad, and I suppose your little (me-too-it) can try to comprehend. We all have a belief system, that philosophical mission statement that makes us who we are. (well Spazdad doesn't) When an interviewer probes or cross-examines that philosophical mission statement, she/he would hope to gain some insight on how that person might behave in the future. If I you were to ask a person this question," Whom do you most admire?", and their answer was Hitler, you might ascertain their belief system is of a person you might want to avoid. If I were to ask Spazdad who he most admired, I'm sure it would be Slapperdad, and that says it all.

Slapperdad, The only fight on this forum is in your Sybil like mind.

C77, this is my favorite John Wooden quote: "Goodness gracious sakes alive!"
**edited to remove the insult...
Last edited by artomatic on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:01 am

C77fastpitch wrote:Spazdad, make you a sandwich, what! Spazdad, don't cry, I'll bet you really deserved most of those insults. Slapperdad, you know and worked with great coaches, really, who!
Fastpitchdad05, just shut-up, you either don't read all the previous posts or you can't comprehend them.

Slapperdad, quoting Winston Churchill? Are you an Oxford man? "Success is not final,failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts". A Winston Churchill quote that Spazdad should hold dear to his heart.

You guys are fun! Softball Gurus all.

Case in point. I give you a compliment and some constructive criticism and you respond with childlike insults.

C77, you may be the most immature person on the entire HB board and that's saying a lot. I'm not sure what you went thru growing up that made you the person you are today, but I truly feel sorry for you.

No one will ever take you seriously acting this way. Good luck, C77.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:21 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Slapperdad, quoting Winston Churchill? Are you an Oxford man? "Success is not final,failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts". A Winston Churchill quote that Spazdad should hold dear to his heart.

I like Churchill quotes. Here's one for your success...

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to IN