Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Bat Speed Workout

by Dark Angel Coach » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:46 am

Bat Speed Workout.

I'm a test site for a Bat Speed Program called the P3.
I have been teaching this over the past couple of months.
Most of the students took a break from the program for W.S., vacations and tryouts.
They have started back up again and the results I'm getting are amazing!
10 yr old girl has a top swing speed of 69 mph!
I have 5, 11 and 12 yr old girls with top speeds of 73, 74, 76, and 2 at 77!
Some have gained 10 mph in a short time!
All have gained speed.

The workout is 1 hour and it is very demanding, it's a series of exercises with weighted bats. Not just swinging them!
The National release of this program is coming very soon.
It also has shown to increase a Pitcher's fastball by 3-6 mph.
If anyone is interested in learning more, or coming to watch a class, text or call 317-319-8104
Thanks,
B. Minton
Dark Angel Coach

by Dark Angel Coach » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:30 pm

I just wanted to update my bat speed class. Tonight I had 2 High school Freshman boys hit their all time high!
One went from 80 to 84 mph!
And the other from 76 to 78 mph!

Each mph gained is 4-6 feet in a batted ball!
Dark Angel Coach

by Cannonball » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:05 am

So a 5 year old is in a "very demanding program?" How do you know that the increase in bat speed is due to your training alone? If any coach were to take players who didn't swing a bat often and then have them swing a bat in any program, wouldn't a person expect for them to increase their bat speed? For example, those freshman boys, are they doing other sports? Are they lifting for other sports? Does the fact that they are going through puberty increase their bat speed at all? Finally, what is the correlation to your hitters being able to have faster batspeed and the ability to make contact? Are these elite athletes for their age or just average players?

I am anticipating that you are going to promote your product here and so, if not and only give out what you do for free then good for you. If you intending to sell your product, then anticipate these types of questions.

Finally, my dd grew up swing a heavy bat and I have posted swings of her throughout her career doing so. Still what worked for her might not work for everyone else.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Cannonball » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:35 pm

The comma threw me off then.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

Cannonball

by Dark Angel Coach » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Sorry, my grammar and punctuation is not one of my strong points!...lol.
Yes, it was 5, 11 and 12 yr olds.

I'm sure if you just swung a bat more you would increase your swing speed. I just don't think you would increase it as fast.
And this workout is head to toe, not just swinging weighted bats.
It also has increased pitching speed of the Pitchers doing the workout. I know as these Pitcher's get older and stronger their pitching speed will go up accordingly.
But when it's happening as fast as it is with these kids it must be the workout.

I invite any and all to come watch one of the sessions. I think you'll be impressed.
And I'm not getting rich either, I only charge $15 a session, $10 for Parents!

Text me at 317-319-8104 if you would like to see it.
I could even bring the workout to you.
thanks,
Boyd Minton
Dark Angel Coach

by slapperdad » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:17 am

I played for a Hall of Fame coach, who NEVER stepped foot on the field as a player, what's your point?

C77, I can NEVER figure out whether you're making a legit post, or taking a swipe at somebody.

While I can agree, there are instructors who put a feather in their cap over kids who are gifted and would have been successful no matter what instructor they went to.

I don't get the "you never played so you don't know" argument. Forget the skill development, there's WAY more to coaching than developing specific skill sets. While former players do bring some insight into the equation, how many former players are complete busts when it comes to coaching? It's because there's more to it than that. Also keep in mind that in the English language words mean things, for the sake of future discussion can we at least agree not to use the term "coach" and "instructor" interchangeably?

Your whole point on this board seems to be to trash guys/gals who are putting themselves out there and working with kids and granted some of them probably deservedly so. DA Coach has offered up some evidence that the batspeed program he's using is producing results. It wasn't that long ago that you were bashing Indiana's coaches of failing to embrace technology and not understanding it's use in the world of Softball. Now you want to hijack this thread with what I perceive as bashing instructors, and as far as I can tell DA Coach's batspeed program.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by Cannonball » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:07 pm

C77, I don't know if your point was directed at me or not.

I coached my dd and do take credit for a lot of her success. If some of you are members of other sites, you saw her grow up on the internet as I posted video of her from the time she was 10 to her 50th collegiate home run. Still, she had the desire to play and the drive to work so, I understand a part of your point. Had she not grown up meeting me each night in the gym or on the ball field while I coached HS basketball and baseball, I don't think she would have done as well. Maybe I am wrong.

As many of you saw, she started hitting with wood at 10. She under loaded as well. Mostly she hit with 3 different weights of bats in many nightly workouts. She had several friends who hit with her each night and so, I do take some credit for them as well since I coached them privately and TB from the time that they were 8 and then in HS and TB.

Cannonball

by PDad » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:41 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:1) Where did you coach before, and under whom did you minter.
2) What is your coaching philosophy, and what other coaches do you admire.
2) What is your playing experience
3) Did you receive any awards coaching or playing this sport?

We can add counting to the list of things you don't do well...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:40 pm

PDad wrote:
C77fastpitch wrote:1) Where did you coach before, and under whom did you minter.

We can add counting to the list of things you don't do well...

This made me laugh. :lol:
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapperdad » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:53 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Slapperdad, reading comprehension is not one of your strong points.
1) Where did you coach before, and under whom did you minter.

I'm pretty good with English.
1) How did we get from coaching to manufacturing coinage?
2) OK, but what coaches do I admire? What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?
2) I would guess most people applying for a high school or college job have exhausted their eligibility, not sure what relevance that has?
3) Stupid question, see Mike Singletary.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

Next

Return to IN