Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Bat Speed Workout

by Cannonball » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Dark Angel Coach wrote:Sorry, my grammar and punctuation is not one of my strong points!...lol.
Yes, it was 5, 11 and 12 yr olds.

I'm sure if you just swung a bat more you would increase your swing speed. I just don't think you would increase it as fast.
And this workout is head to toe, not just swinging weighted bats.
It also has increased pitching speed of the Pitchers doing the workout. I know as these Pitcher's get older and stronger their pitching speed will go up accordingly.
But when it's happening as fast as it is with these kids it must be the workout.

I invite any and all to come watch one of the sessions. I think you'll be impressed.
And I'm not getting rich either, I only charge $15 a session, $10 for Parents!

Text me at 317-319-8104 if you would like to see it.
I could even bring the workout to you.
thanks,
Boyd Minton

Boyd, I'll try to get this back on track. I give you credit as you do put your name out there and phone number. I know few who do that. With my dd, we used a weighted wooden bat and then various weighted bats both over and under the weight of her game bat. My dd also grew up in the weight room and not the wait room. LOL Even things like jumping a heavy rope and then speed rope benefited my dd. For your study to be valid, I think you will need to have more players who have gone through your program with some type of control. I don't know how you would do that. Anyway, this is my attempt to get this thread back on point.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
C77fastpitch wrote:Pdad, I'm sure you've dealt with a lot of failure. Here is a Churchill quote- You have enemies, Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Fastpitch05, your a Hey-bucket, sanctimonious hypocrite. You, and a few others on this forum don't talk about softball, your just rude. This is why a lot people won't express their ideas on this forum about softball matters. So take your hypocritical advice and stick it you ear. Talk about softball matters and stop interjecting your idiotic remarks.
I really enjoy talking about softball matters on this forum, I'm not coaching any more but softball is in my blood. I even like discussing other topics to some extent, if it's pleasant. However, a lot posters on this forum don't just want to disagree with you, they want to slam your grammar, your intelligence, ect., and if you fight back they say you don't matter, because they talk for everyone. Well I'm tired of it! If you insult me, I'll give it back to you in bunches, If you disagree with me, fine, lets discuss that softball matters Intelligently.

C77, making friends since May 05' 2010 :roll:

Bears repeating...

Case in point. I give you a compliment and some constructive criticism and you respond with childlike insults.

C77, you may be the most immature person on the entire HB board and that's saying a lot. I'm not sure what you went thru growing up that made you the person you are today, but I truly feel sorry for you.

No one will ever take you seriously acting this way. Good luck, C77.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:24 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
C77fastpitch wrote:Pdad, I'm sure you've dealt with a lot of failure. Here is a Churchill quote- You have enemies, Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Fastpitch05, your a Hey-bucket, sanctimonious hypocrite. You, and a few others on this forum don't talk about softball, your just rude. This is why a lot people won't express their ideas on this forum about softball matters. So take your hypocritical advice and stick it you ear. Talk about softball matters and stop interjecting your idiotic remarks.
I really enjoy talking about softball matters on this forum, I'm not coaching any more but softball is in my blood. I even like discussing other topics to some extent, if it's pleasant. However, a lot posters on this forum don't just want to disagree with you, they want to slam your grammar, your intelligence, ect., and if you fight back they say you don't matter, because they talk for everyone. Well I'm tired of it! If you insult me, I'll give it back to you in bunches, If you disagree with me, fine, lets discuss that softball matters Intelligently.

Bears repeating...

Case in point. I give you a compliment and some constructive criticism and you respond with childlike insults.

C77, you may be the most immature person on the entire HB board and that's saying a lot. I'm not sure what you went thru growing up that made you the person you are today, but I truly feel sorry for you.

77... Anyone not in agreement with the "guys" are called immature and an assortment of names. No matter what insight you give. No sense in going back and forth. Simply state your case and move on. There are many which read and will decided for themselves. Atleast that's what I have learned!
tbjd33

by slapperdad » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:25 am

C77, while I will admit to sometimes using thinly veiled innuendo in my replies to serious posts. Which I believe precipitated our first go around. I hesitate to say it's a Socratic response, but it's in the neighborhood. I am not alone in writing style, many members on this board employee the same response style. I "mentored" a young aunt helping her single mother sister just beginning a few years ago navigate some of the pitfalls of travel ball. I gave her a similar response to her initial post, she got it, and we have become friends, via the Internet/telephone.

Go back and read some of those posts, the answers are there, if you read them. We're trying to help you understand, this is just a game, lighten up a little and quit taking it so serious. That not only applies to this board, but life in general. The sun's going to come up tomorrow one way or the other, whether you lost a game that you put your heart and soul into, or a court case.

I don't have all the answers, I don't pretend to. I have been fortunate enough to coach some pretty gifted athletes. I think I've been pretty plainly stated that they most likely succeeded in spite of my coaching, rather than because of it. I've coached some really bad athletes, but good kids who gave me everything they had, at the end of the day, hopefully I helped prepare them to be successful young ladies. At 50 years old, having been involved in youth sports at varying levels for 30+ years, I've been around and seen some things. I think I've gained something that only comes with age......wisdom. I've never claimed to know anything on this board, other than having reached a zen like state of being a smartass, I am not only good at it, I enjoy doing it. If you want to continue to make attacks and call people names, I'm more than happy to play along. Otherwise, I'd suggest a distilled spirit of your choosing, I'm a Scotch or Bourbon guy my self, lighten up, and lets focus on the positive aspects of this great sport.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:59 am

tbjd33 wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:

Bears repeating...

77... Anyone not in agreement with the "guys" are called immature and an assortment of names. No matter what insight you give. No sense in going back and forth. Simply state your case and move on. There are many which read and will decided for themselves. Atleast that's what I have learned!

33, are you lumping me into that group? Do you agree with 77's approach?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:12 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Fastpitchdad05, you are so wise, so smart, and so narcissistic. Your background in coaching is dubious at best, and you think your the king of hey-bucket softball. Instead of trading bards with me, I challenge you to post a thought provoking article that would indicate an inkling of your expertise in this game. I invite a challenge from you, hitting, fielding, pitching, anything. Now, put your knowledge where your mouth is!

I'm not a softball coach and never claimed to be one. I'm a dad.

I don't want to "trade bards". I'm here to chat with like-minded people in a mature, non-insulting fashion, not to see if I can get "one-up" on somebody or see if I know more about the game than they do or mock them for their opinions.

My name is Jeff Smith. What is your name?

EDIT: BTW 77, when I first came on HB 5 years ago I was defensive like you are (to a lesser degree), but I never hurled the kinds of insults that you do. I eventually realized that I didn't want to be Fastpitchdad05, because "he" was able to say things here that Jeff Smith never would.

You are right. I'm nobody in the softball world. And I'm just fine with that. I'm good being who I am. I hope you get there. too. I'm going to go ahead and excuse myself from any further posts here now. Again...Good luck, C77.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:18 pm

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:53 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:

Bears repeating...

33, are you lumping me into that group? Do you agree with 77's approach?

FP... No I don't agree with his approach, but I think an open is best. You said like minded in a later post. I don't want like minded. I actually want all opinions. Never know what or how I may gain insight. If Heybucket is all things Softball website, then all opinions good, bad, different, wierd and yes dumb opinion should be allowed.

You actually seem pretty open for all discussions. Other not so much...
tbjd33

by tbjd33 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:57 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:Fastpitchdad05, you are so wise, so smart, and so narcissistic. Your background in coaching is dubious at best, and you think your the king of hey-bucket softball. Instead of trading bards with me, I challenge you to post a thought provoking article that would indicate an inkling of your expertise in this game. I invite a challenge from you, hitting, fielding, pitching, anything. Now, put your knowledge where your mouth is!

77 now you've gone off the deep end... This is an opinion based site. Cause I assure you there are plenty of Dads reading which are much more versed in softball. They are just humble people we all meet on weekends sitting in fold up chairs...
tbjd33

by Cannonball » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:58 pm

C77fastpitch wrote:This is my last reply on this post. The last posters write modestly how sweet they are, and how awful I am. One poster even tells me his name like I should care. Your writings are so leading, like an attorney trying to lead a witness under direct examination. The first part of your post is full of attrition, and modesty, so when you start bragging about yourself it's not noticed. Nice try, but not well done. Now, where is my challenge, I don't care what your name is or how smart you think you are, where is your article on softball.

C77, where is your proof that you are some great guru? You ask others to provide proof and at least Jeff posted his name. Perhaps with your vast knowledge of all things softball, you can show us your credentials and we will know without a doubt that you are the real deal.

Before you ask, I am an ex expert. However, you can find plenty about me on the internet.

Darrell Butler
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

PreviousNext

Return to IN