Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NV

College Showcase In Henderson

by TReck » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:40 am

Southern Star Showcase Events is holding an All-Star girls fastpitch college showcase event in Henderson, NV August 29-30, 2009. The event is for any girl planning to graduate from high school in 2010, 2011, 2012 or 2013 and who is interested in playing softball in college. This is an individual event and not a team event. Players sign up and are assigned a team to play on for this event only. Each team plays 4 games in front of the watchful eyes of college coaches from the region. There are only 11 players on each team, 2 pitchers, 2 catchers, and 7 position players. Position players play every minute of every game; pitchers and catcher rotate regularly throughout the game. This is your chance to ask coaches to come see you and just you play, without regards to your team. This is the chance to make sure than when the coach shows up to see you play, YOU ARE PLAYING!

Games are held late on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Any girl involved in a fall high school sport with a conflict on that Saturday can request to be on a Sunday only team. There is no reason not to participate.

Players receive helpful instruction on how to work the recruiting process to their advantage and how to invite college coaches to come to the event to see them play. We have worked with over 150 college coaches in putting together a program that is taylor made for the players in this event and recommendations from the college coaches on how to get their attention and interest. There are no hidden costs. We notify every coach within the region of the event and all the girls who are playing. We then help you notify all of the coaches in the region of your participation as well. A list of past colleges that have attended the ones in the Southeast is on the site.

This format works because it was set up by college coaches to appeal to college coaches. Please visit the web site to see testimonies of players who have played in our past events and who are either signed or who are already in college as a result of being seen playing in one of our events. If you do not want to take my word for it, call a college coach and see what they think. I recommend you do and I will gladly give you the number and/or e-mail address if you do not already have it.

Only 154 spots are available and the deadline to enter is July 1, 2009. Go to: www.southernstarsoftball.com to request an entry form. This event is run by a husband and wife who have been through the recruiting process and understand the struggles that young women and their parents go through to follow their dreams. We are not just directors trying to make a buck. Other events similar to this cost hundreds more and you get less. We charge enough to cover actual costs, time and effort. That is all.

Recruiting is what you put into it. If you think they will find you, you are wrong! You have to put yourself out there and ask to be seen. And we help you along the way by sharing everything we have learned and everything we are told from and about the recruiting process. You can pay a recruiting service hundreds of dollars or you can get help from those who have been through it and are willing to share.

We are in Vegas because of the success we have had in the Southeast and because several college coaches from that area have recommended we bring it that way after hearing about it from other coaches here. Nothing is guarrenteed in life, but of all the girls who have played in the ones so far, of the seniors, about 95% of them received offers from colleges that saw them play in one of our events. The underclassmen who played have a leg up on the recruiting and feel that they are ahead of the game.

Hope to see you in August,
Ty

Few comments from past players -

Princess signed with Missouri - Would you recommend the SS to others? "Yes...If you’re interested in playing ball in college you will be seen at the Southern Star showcase. The format is awesome...College coaches see you in game time situations. This was a great experience!!"

Katie signed with Georgia - Would you recommend the SS to others? "It was the best chance for me to make sure that I was seen playing with the best against the best. I think at the SS last year was really where the decision to sign me was made."

Lindsey signed with App State - On a scale of 1 to 10, how helpful was playing in the SS? "A 10! I did not have any big offers until I played in the SS and now I play D1. Every showcase my team played in, it rained, so nobody ever got to see me until I signed up and played in the SS. This was my chance to make sure I was seen."

Jensen signed with South Georgia - Would you recommend the SS to others? "For sure, it was fun and I did get phone calls from coaches afterwards, I just chose to stay closer to home. It gives you a lot of exposure and gives you a lot more choices as to where you can see yourself playing."

Are you next?
TReck
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to NV