Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

OH

14u poll for jan 2010 and some general news

by ManitouDan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 am

well this is a shot in the dark and sure to draw some fire but what the heck --I'm snowed in at work and bored --feel free to correct me , agrue , moan groan.

#1 Doom 95 added much needed depth to the pitching staff . pitcher who also can supply addt' O firepower. finished 2-3 or 3-3 ?? at nats in Ga with 2 of the 3 loses being 1 run games (Maybe if memory serves me right) added a total of 4 players . deeper team with lots of experience . finished 33rd in Georgia.

#2 Ohio INtensity -- new team coached by former Slammers coach Bill Lilly. got 2 good solid arms from other org at fall tryouts. Coach will work them hard , still a few ? marks, after all they are a new team , new catcher from Pa. gets good reviews. Can they approach the level of success the Slammers had ? I would'nt bet against him .

# 3 Buckeye Heat 95 good showing at Queen of Diamonds in So car last fall. good overall depth, good lefty pitcher , several girls run well , good short game. much improved from last year.

after those I think it gets tough. Big logjam of talented 13u teams , a couple which did good at 12u nats. will continue with a reply having compter probs
ManitouDan

by ManitouDan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:54 am

To continue :
#4 Lasers Black 96 picked up another good arm to go with the 2 they had. Finished 9th I think at 12u nats. Out shined their Laser Gold team that had been ranked higher all year in ohio at 12u.

#5 Ohio Classics 96 won the ASA 12u Eastern nats. (have not seen them play)

#6 Doom 96 in bad need of pitching depth to go along with fine #1

#7 laser gold96 --roster in flux ?? have not heard much about them. could have gotten better ? or worse ?

Several that could zoom ahead of their younger counterparts :
8-9-10 Stingrays 95 Championship fastpitch 95. Hawks 95, Sting Blue 96 , Ohio Ice silver feel like I'm forgetting a team or two that is worthy --Oh well I'm sure I'll get reminded
ManitouDan

by ubuildit » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 pm

I personally feel your giving Intensity too much credit, good group of kids but only two returning starters from last years Slammers team. They will not have the dominate attitude or confidence the Slammers had. Wish them luck, but definetly not a #2 team, will be in the top 10, but not #2 as Buckeye Heat 95 is about a #5. Classics 96 and Lasers Black 96 will be in the top, jmo!
ubuildit

by ManitouDan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:09 am

build it -- after seeing the pitching the classic's have at KSU I'd not be surprised to see them listed in the top 2 or 3 at some point this year. I was very impressed with both pitcher's but the taller one was lights out. I'm not too familiar with Laser Black, obviously a solid team (9th at ASA nats last summer) but how would you compare their pitching VS the 2 classic girls. We used to play with one of the black's pitchers but have not seen her throw in at least 1.5 years. I hear the black has 3 good arms. MD

PS you may be right about the Intensity . i hope (lol)
ManitouDan

by ubuildit » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:22 pm

MD you'll find that lasers black pitchers are very equal to the classics 2, I have no kids on either team, but lasers black will make a splash in the 14U as will the classics. I'd say they will be the upcomers after Doom 95 moves on. As far as Intenisity, the coach gets all the respect and admiration as he has done a nice job in the past, they have 2 very good pitchers, and I dont feel they will hit with the top teams. I hope Intensity makes it the entire year with the same roster, only time will tell! Most of the teams mentioned it will come down to who can win the 1-0 or 2-1, 6 to 8 inning games. Pitching will dominate at 14U this year, and what ever team has their best hitter protected so she isn't pitched around will have the most success. JMO
ubuildit

by ManitouDan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:41 pm

comments about summer 2010 so far. Intensity has been tough. Won the ASA states with a very scrappy Ice Silver and Laser Black nipping at their heels . Valley Extreme was in the final 5 also.

Doom 95 off to slow start . Laser black has been really strong but lost twice to teams outside the top ten last week, Buckeye heat hasn't panned out as strong as what I'd thought. very solid but more like 5-10 instead of top 5.

Classics are hiding out somewhere. don't know if they have played any top tier teams yet .

Laser Gold has also been very strong. came out of the loser bracket to hammer the winners bracket champ from Pitts. pa 2 weeks ago. Gold is very strong. top 5. MD
ManitouDan

Return to OH