Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

OH

Understanding Ohio??

by lvtwft » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:14 pm

I have a few questions to understand your state.

What part of the state are the more prominet teams from?

What are the bigger tourneys you all have to offer??

What affiliation do most the team partake in?(USSSA,NSA,ASA etc)

I appreciate all and any info.
Thank you...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by kauser667 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:23 am

1. Prominent teams are from all over or the players are from all over to play on the prominent team.
2.Stingrays, Gapps, Best of the Best, and many others.
3. ----#1 ASA ------- NSA was 2nd but they are in hiding after the state 2 seasons ago.

Teams/Clubs are really working hard to compete with the warmer states. Slowly catching up!
kauser667

by ManitouDan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:28 pm

#1 -- best teams historically have been from the Akron Canton area and central Ohio. But SW ohio is catching up very fast. weakest area is where I live --SE ohio is dreadful. LOTS of great players, No great org's .

#2 Stingrays, GAPSS , Sluggerfest is OK (better in the upper age groups ?)
one that is going gangbusters is the New Laser Gold event in the 14u field , teams from maybe 6 or 7 states OH,Ky,WV,ILL,IND, PA, MI thats 7 states.

#3 -asa rules , nothing else is close Nsa screwed everyone at the state tourney 2 years and destroyed everyone's confidence in them. MD
ManitouDan

by Mantle07 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:54 am

^^^ In your opinion did most of the top teams that attended USA/ASA improve their teams as they approach their first season at 16U? Were there any teams that should have qualified or who's overall skill level warrented them playing USA/ASA, but didn't attend?

I know the 96 age group looks really strong with 4-6 teams possibly attending USA/ASA again next year. Any updates on those teams and which one's improved there rosters?
Mantle07

by ManitouDan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:15 pm

can only speak of the team that i'm most closely associated. My dd played with Doom 95 out of Cincinnati in 2010. Next year she choose to take year off , hopefully thats all it is , we will see. Doom 95 finished 17th out of the 155 in Moline after drawing the Corona Angels in the opening round of elim. play. Wanted a top ten but 17th was pretty good considering the 1st round loss to CA.

They lost my kid and 1 other I think, but added exactly what was needed , more team speed and a solid # 2 arm. So they should be as strong or stronger next year. Love my Doomer's ! MD

On a side note is the number of great players playing gold in other states . Beverly Bandits (Il) have 7 ohio girls. NJ Intensity has a couple ohio girls. I think both Ind and Flor. have a couple of ohio's best. Has lead to some good discussion about how to keep them at home. MD
ManitouDan

by alongfortheride » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:03 pm

What part of the state are the more prominet teams from? Central Ohio and like other post said SW Ohio is on the rise.

What are the bigger tourneys you all have to offer?? Stingrays and Laser Invitational.

What affiliation do most of the teams partake in?(USSSA,NSA,ASA etc) ASA and USSSA. In addition to ASA and USSA we played in 4 USFA tournaments traveling into Indy and Columbus, IN and played in Panama City, FL W.S.
alongfortheride

Return to OH